the Rift

Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open)
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
That's fine. <3

It was with the same cold air as always, with the same collected face and sharp, scrutinizing eyes, which he took in the information. Complete stillness, something unnatural about it, overtook him; his withers did not twitch when a fly alighted atop them, his tail did not slap against his hocks as it so often did, nor did his blue eyes narrow in suspicion when the slim mare's tale was spilled. He simply remained stoic, statuesque, though even in his chest his heart was reeling from dismay and amusement. Tillas had changed tack completely, stopped skirting around the issue and instead dug her teeth deep into it. He could appreciate sincerity, honesty, but just as he was cautious, so ought she be - especially after his warning. Yet there she stood, vehemently proclaiming how she wished to wipe the other species out.

Well, he could sympathize with her. Majorly. He, most of the time, wanted the same thing, though he'd never quite made up his mind if he wanted absolute supremacy and no other blood alive, or if he wanted them alive, rebels in the forests, a reminder of the real threat. Otherwise, his horned kin might grow lax and rise against him. Those who strove for power were seldom fit to wield it, seeking to further their own gains. Where Mauja himself fell, he was not quite sure. Absolute power, like the one Monster had granted him, was not something he normally enjoyed. It was foreign, frightening, would so easily corrupt... And yet, how could he deny the sweet thrill of it, the complete, irrational obedience? He suppressed a shiver, focus snapping back, one ear rotating as Faelene cut in right after the other mare had finished. She had quite a piece to say, and in silence the monarch listened, drinking in the little hints of her past, her warnings; she did not say whether she agreed or not, but clearly it was something she felt strongly for. Giving more away than he had for the past minute or so, he turned his entire head to better watch the black mare. That Tillas seemed spoiled to some degree Mauja agreed with, but apart from that - had he himself ever felt like that? He had just felt the bitter wind biting into his skin from a young age, as much comfort as foe. He had felt his blood running hot and cold both, felt the cry of soldiers shake his soul in the dead of night. He had fought every step of the way, but he had never, really, been the underdog.

Blizzards...

His impassive eyes watched Faelene as she took her leave, stomping off. He appreciated the act of control, but remained silent for a moment longer before returning his attention to Tillas. "Talking passionately is the very reason that rumor existed in the first place," he told her quietly. "Had I not been the one I am, had I been of the mind that we are all equal, I would likely have done the hypocritical thing and run you through for thinking differently. In fact, I should do something to you just to hammer that lesson into your head. This is a dangerous land for those who think in such ways. I will give you one chance. One. Chance. But if I find you spouting your mouth off to strangers..." His eyes narrowed dangerously, voice trailing off in an unspoken threat. He could not have anyone ruining his plans, creating rumors by blabbing what he would have to officially call "nonsense". After a few seconds, his face softened into the beginnings of a smile, though something wary remained in his eyes, like the frost upon the flowers in early spring morning. "Behave, and you will prosper here."

It was a promise he dared make. Mauja was not about to fail and let his entire race down.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open) - by Tillas - 08-15-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open) - by Ajax - 08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open) - by Tillas - 08-17-2012, 06:08 PM
RE: Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open) - by Tillas - 08-21-2012, 10:15 AM
RE: Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open) - by Tillas - 08-26-2012, 03:29 PM
RE: Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open) - by Tillas - 08-30-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open) - by Tillas - 09-01-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open) - by Mauja - 09-07-2012, 01:48 PM