Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Will you still love me
when I got nothing but my aching soul?
I am dead.

There is no life within me.

I am no longer that radiant, energetic stallion with brilliant rubies that glimmered every day. I've lost that all when my Life slipped from my hands, fading away with my son and my daughter. The only reason I breathe heavily today is because I've forced myself to hold on just for her. I've waited so long to see her again.

I strain myself just standing, my weary old bones unable to take me very far. I cannot stand the pain my joints cause me, even if my body is small and skinny, its a pain to stand for too long. My wings are bare, so much plucking has done a lot of damage to me, stress and fear the cause of it all. My ribs protrude from my sides, my cheeks hollowed and my hips poking outward in an odd way. My left hind is twisted in an odd manner, all because of the tumble I took when entering the caves. It had been a few weeks since the incident, and I knew already my leg was done for, the bone unable to heal properly. My mane and tail are no longer luscious and full, instead knotted and unkempt.

Clouded red eyes search helplessly around the caves as voices ring, my ears tilting forward as my vision fails me. I'm going blind, I have for several months now. Ever since my family vanished, I've been having trouble seeing. At this time, I can only see a few basic colors and few shapes. My runny nose twitches as I try to take in a breath, lungs in pain as I shuffle along, towards the voices. I stumble, hitting a wall and wincing as my left wing takes the damage, fragile bones cracking as I collide with the cold stone wall. The wind in my lungs is drawn forward, I desperately try to grab that air again, gasping as I'm in pain. Suddenly I can hear Her, my Angel calling out to me.

I thank Fate, moving slowly towards my darling Angel. I let loose a quiet cough as I move forward, thin tail brushing against thin thighs as I move closer. Finally I can hear them, my family. Tears are brought to my eyes as I step forward, no longer in the winding tunnel. I could smell her anywhere, even with mucus clogging it I can still smell her sweet scent, now tinted with blood. "Del-Delinne?" I can no longer hold my head up high, so I simply perk my ears and let loose a delicate smile. I rush forward, my hind leg screaming out in pain as I race for my love. My blurred vision is no aid to me in searching for her, however her voice guides me. I realize she's talking to someone, and my head turns slightly to gaze at the black and white mare. Her eyes are a faded purple, and immediately I know who it is.

She is unimportant however, for all I care about is Delinne. I reach forward, straining my weak neck as I do, wishing to touch her warm skin once again. My muzzle moves about in the emptiness, struggling to find her (did I mention my depth perception is also a little screwed up as well?). I let out a grunt as I step forward to touch her, glancing upwards to look into her sky blue eyes. Oh, those eyes. I can never forget how she uses them, the way she can use them to melt my heart, how she used them to gain my love.

I turn myself towards my children, realizing that it was pitiful appearing before them looking like this. No matter, I step towards them, taking delicate little baby steps as I reach out to touch Destry's side. I can tell she's panicked, not knowing what to do as I lean towards her. She takes a hesitant step back, a frown drawing along my lips as I gaze at her, a pathetic father who was never there for her. I merely glance at Azarel, not even bothering to touch him.

My children probably rejected me, probably hated me, because I was never there for them. Even now, I was barely here at this moment. I was so pale, my coat and eyes so dull, one might consider me a ghost. My dry, raspy throat produces no sound as I move my lips, my tears having stopped. Why? I mouth, wondering if they'll understand me or think I've gone mad. I could cry no more, for in this lifetime, I've cried all the tears I've been given. I cough and wheeze, body trembling, my breathing shallow. I struggle to speak how I feel, to apologize for my absence in my child's lives. Instead I produce a stream of spit and blood, trickling from my pale lips as I glance at Delinne. There is nothing left of me.

If I'm even here at all.

Breathing is a sudden task for me, although its been one for quite a while, this time it takes all my energy to inhale. My head throbs, my heart feeling weak as I take a wobbly step towards Delinne. Suddenly my legs give out, fading away and leaving me in a fit of panic. I realize what is happening within my body, what will happen to me within the next hour or less. My outer extremities will go first, and slowly my organs will shut down, (if a few haven't already) and slowly but surely my heart's pulse will fade away, leaving just a dull corpse behind. I look at Destry and smile, my firstborn deserves these rights. Inhaling deeply, I motion for her to step forward. Hesitantly, she does as she's told. "Remove my amulet, wear it with pride." I can tell she's afraid, her dark blob looming over me, graceful neck aiding her as she slides the amulet from my own neck, her touch is warm, just as her mother's. I inhale, pain piercing my lungs. The amulet is large on her, but she would grow into it. I glance at the blurb that is Delinne, whispering gently, "I've always loved you, don't forget it." My voice breaks as tears are summoned to my eyes, a knot forming in my throat as I begin to gently close my eyes, awaiting death to fall over me.

It seems like only a few moments that I'm laying there, lids closed over my eyes. My breathing has shallowed out, no longer strenuous as I lay on my side. I can feel Death's cold grasp begin to caress me, Death's frigid fingers sliding through my soul, It's eyes peering deeply, evaluating my life. It is true one watches their life flicker before them, their first steps, their first love, and other big events. I see Delinne's delicate features several times, and then Destry's and Azarel's, watching them age into beautiful children. I see Circuta fighting the beasts that prowl during my son's birthing, Dezba being scratched up by the creatures. I see the pale figures of Mother and Father, bathed in golden flames. They open their wings, waiting for me to step forward into their loving embrace. Hesitantly I follow them into the burning flames, letting warmth spread over me as I draw my last breath before my heart stops. My inner fire flickers out, never to light again.

"Words of a wise old man."

ooc: -curls up in corner and sobs profusely- i'm so sorry for any pain this post/thread causes anyone ; - ;
word count: 1249
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
RE: high up above or down below [CIRCUTA] - by Azzaron - 02-05-2014, 05:03 PM