the Rift

[OPEN] high up above or down below || Open, Azzaron's Death

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I never thought I would be this sad, not even the past few seasons can compare to this — my entire life — cannot compare to this moment. There is so much joy, so much pain that floods my body as I watch the damaged figure hobble out into the light, bones protruding from his dull golden coat. His mane and tail are falling out in tufts, his skin appearing irritated, coat rubbing off. I cannot tell anyone how much I wanted to beg the Gods to tell me it wasn't real, it was just an illusion, and that my real father was actually fine, appearing healthy as can be. He calls out Mama's name, his voice raspy and painful to listen to, because it sounds nothing like the sweet, caring voice he once held. He steps towards her, my magic stirring as he gets closer — and closer to her. My heart stops, my body tense as he stares blankly into her blue eyes, as though he knows where they are but cannot focus upon them.

Oh my Gods.

He turns, unsettling cloudy rubies falling upon me, who's frozen in place beside Brother. Inside there is panic, my body trembling slightly as the ghastly stallion approaches, reaching out to touch me. I panic, stepping back to avoid the touch of his dry muzzle. He frowns, cracked lips curving down as he merely glances at Azarel, walking right past him. There is some type of pity, some feeling that I'm given as I watch Father walk past Azarel, only offering him a glance.

Then — it happens.

I can see shimmering crimson droplets falling to the ground from his lips, sunken orbs beginning to glaze over. I know exactly what is happening, glancing at Mama with fear in my eyes, awaiting her reaction.

She stands there, frozen in place just as I.

I'm called forward by Father, hesitant to take orders from a man I barely know. Nevertheless, I take small steps towards him, heart racing as he commands me to take the amulet from around his neck. With shaky movements, I remove it from his neck, and let it fall to my breast, the fiery gem clinking against my dark chest. His eyes glaze over completely, closing slowly as he whispers his love for Delinne, sighing as his breathing shallows —

Then stops.

I watch and wait, mother's screams echoing through the caves. I do not move, my eyes glued to the body — the stallion, that was once my father, the stallion who helped me lift off from the ground, the one who constantly chased me and Mama when we were in the Basin, the one who wouldn't give up on us no matter what.

Look where it placed him.

I watch as a blinding light flickers into the corner of my vision, where Azarel stands. Turning my head, I see silver flames licking at his thigh and his shoulder, consuming his white markings, leaving the skin unharmed. I cannot manage words, listening to Mother panicking over his newly found magic. I finally manage to move myself, stumbling like a drunk towards my father's body, my legs giving out from beneath me. I wrap my neck around his, feeling the last of his warmth fade, an ominous cold feeling seeping through his skin into my own.

I never meant to do it, to let it happen.

In a fit of rage at the world, I scream out, my tears staining Father's dirty coat. Spit dribbles down my chin as I scream, my throat beginning to go hoarse. Red lightning flashes, striking a rock off to my left, watching it sizzle and crackle, charred. I'm breathing heavily, sweat beading on my skin. I take deep breathes, trying to calm myself. I take a mouthful of his sleek, golden feathers, the few survivors of his stressful plucking. I take three, walking towards Mama. I reach up, beginning to weave the golden feathers into her mane, behind her ears. I jump to Azarel, beginning to weave a feather within his mane, the same place I had weaved Mama's. I remember Cir, and offer her a feather as well, hesitant as I approach the strange, unstable mare. I raise my crown, beginning to weave the golden feather into the mare's silken black mane, stepping away to admire my handy work before I offer the two last feathers to Mama, hoping she understood what I wanted her to do. She does, stepping forth to weave the last two feathers behind my ear before resuming her original position.

I lay down now, on my side, and curl up next to father. His feathers rustle behind my ear, an unfamiliar feeling brushing against the back of my lobes. I weep, shutting my eyes and wrapping myself in his unfurled wings, using my teeth to pull his limp, near bear wing over me. I then sob under his protection, whispering to him in choking, painful gasps.

"Daddy... why did... why did you... l-leave me?"

"blah blah blah."

ooc: ; ______ ; @[Circuta] && @[Delinne]
(given permission to pp delinne, azarel & circuta to put feathers in their manes and to aid in putting feathers in destry's mane.)
word count: 832

TwiWolf.deviantart.com
Lumibear.deviantart.com | Momotte2stocks.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
RE: high up above or down below [CIRCUTA] - by Destry - 02-08-2014, 06:50 PM