the Rift

[OPEN] Like smoke, I hung around

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Seemingly overnight, the damp air that whistled through the underground caves had turned from pleasantly cool to brutally frigid. Crystals of ice replaced the moisture that condensed along the stone walls, and even the warmth generated from hundreds of breathing bodies failed to warm the space to a comfortable habitable temperature. Moniz had always weathered the harsh conditions of Frostfall particularly well - her body was well insulated with fat and she never failed to grow an impressive wooly coat – but without the warming presence of the sun on her back, even she was suffering the effects of this bitter season.

Cramped, inhospitible conditions had a way of making even a gentle soul begin to hanker for a good fight; Moniz had been no gentle soul when she started her time underground. Her innate predisposition towards aggression mixed toxically with her newfound irritability. The pony was picking petty fights wherever she could, having lost the tact or will to manipulate others with the more devious trickery that had always been her standard fare. These days, there were exactly two things she cared about: staying warm and eating. There would be time for hijinks when the darkness that held them captive released them back into the above ground world. We’ll be able to leave eventually, right? We’re not all camping in a mass grave, are we? Moniz had never been the type of mare who enjoyed the mental discomfort of such existential questions, but they began to gnaw on the corners of her mind with more urgency with each passing day spent buried beneath the forest floor.

At present, however, Moniz’s mind was blank. She stood solemnly by the wall of lava, neither hiding nor seeking company, simply standing where she had learned that the sting of the cold could be diminished to a somewhat bearable magnitude. Her brown hide absorbed the molten orange light, and her long hairs assumed a rusty burnt tone. She sighed pensively, a noise that suggested far heavier thoughts than her quiet mind was currently contemplating. Unprompted and speaking to no one in particular, she scowled bitterly into the self-imposed prison of the gloomy caves, “I hate this place.”

OOC: @[Windwalker] and open if anyone else would like to jump in. =)
CREDIT: personal photography

Messages In This Thread
Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-03-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-04-2014, 04:20 AM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-05-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-05-2014, 11:47 AM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-06-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-06-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-09-2014, 11:23 AM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-09-2014, 12:13 PM