the Rift

[OPEN] Like smoke, I hung around

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Damn right, I’m a queen.

After a brief moment’s preening at the unearned accolade, Moniz’s expression turned to one of unrepressed incredulity in response to Windwalker’s question. “This heart craves what all hearts crave,” She smiled patronizingly at the pegasus, unable to help herself from enjoying the feeling of superiority she gained by treating him like a naïve fool. She let a theatrical pause build before concluding with a flourish, “Power.” Complete and total, she thought to herself.

Moniz did not understand the complexities of power. They did not matter to her. All she knew was that she wanted her every whim catered to; she wanted to be able to strike such fear into the populace’s hearts that they would not dare defy her will. She wanted to cause pain because she felt like it – because it was amusing and she loved to be amused. She would not be ignored, no, never again would she be passed over as some minutia scratched in the margins of the universe’s script. She would be the author, director, and lead actress in the play of life acted out around her.

But that was all idle fantasy. The reality was that Moniz was a physically ungifted specimen who lacked the cunning to pursue her lofty goal. The reality was that she was holed up underground because of some unknown threat, because her instinct for self-preservation was stronger than her curiosity. The reality was that she possessed none of the traits of the mighty and powerful, and that she was cut out for the life of a nomadic bottom feeder – that she had already stumbled her way blindly through seven years of that life without knowing it.

Reality is a bitch.

To cope with the harshness of this universal truth, Moniz got her jollies by bugging anyone who’d let her, having somehow deluded herself into thinking this dilute drink was a decent enough substitute for the pure, intoxicating stuff. We all do what we have to do to sleep at night…

Moniz exhaled a happy sigh as her mind drew up different schemes in which she ruled the world in any number of ways. Then, remembering her company, she stared unflinchingly at Windwalker. Her fantasies and his words had combined to gorge her ego, and it was with an abundance of swagger that she purred to the stallion, “And what is it you’ve convinced yourself your heart craves?”

@[Windwalker]
CREDIT: personal photography

Messages In This Thread
Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-03-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-04-2014, 04:20 AM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-05-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-05-2014, 11:47 AM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-06-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Windwalker - 02-06-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: Like smoke, I hung around - by Moniz - 02-09-2014, 11:23 AM