the Rift

[PRIVATE] may i interest you in a hot cup of tea? Cheveyo

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry

Note & Sabel

A flicker of emotion crossed that mare's features as she shifted her ears forward, allowing a gentle smile to grace her rosy lips. Note had never felt more pleased with himself for making someone smile - even with Sohalia and Skysong. Their smiles were in sheer relief that he was even there. With this mare, it was a genuine smile. She seemed to actually enjoy his company, rather than just long for it in egotistical pain. That's the thing about missing someone - it's selfish. Even when you cry about a death, you're crying because you'll never get from that someone what they had given you for so long.
So far, this encounter had been fairly strange, why, the fellow he had ran into (well, ran into him) had pink eyes! It got even stranger as the paint-embellished mare began to apologize to him. Somewhat of an apology. The words made him acutely aware of the pain flowing coursing through his side. Note was used to others causing him harm, it happens. Those beings rarely apologized, though. Then again, none of them had pink eyes and were covered in paint. He could only nod at the words, shooting the mare a half-smile once again. It was no big deal, he hoped his nonchalant attitude could relay that. Then again, his words and actions rarely ended up doing what he wanted them to.
A smile was flashed at the dusty bay once again at Sabel's actions. He would simply have to remember to scold the lynx later, now was not the time. The mare advanced, reaching out her rosy lips to feel the flames that enveloped his wings for herself. His appendages tingled at the soft contact, the feathers igniting slightly.
Note found himself staring at the golden locks that fell from her nape, the paint that adorned her pelt, the way her eyes illuminated by the light of the fire, his fire. It was enchanting. She was enchanting as she stepped away. Oh how he wanted her touch to linger just a moment longer..
And in that moment, dread filled every inch of the stallion's body. This was wrong - everything that the acquaintances (if that!) were doing was so terribly wrong. Note had fallen in love once, that could not happen again. This mare was charming the hell out of Note, the being who had been so reluctant to emotions in his early days. The stallion was reverting back to that stage in his life, for he felt as if he had to protect himself from the disastrous fate of love before it begins. The only way to do so was to seclude himself from others, from this enchanting mare..
The stallion began to grasp different scenarios of what was unfolding in front of him. Maybe it was his lack of Sohalia. Maybe these emotions were just made up in his abandonment. Maybe he just wanted that mare back, the petite angel who had stolen his heart, to be the one grazing his flaming wings. Rational, yes?
The preposterous thoughts were cut short as the mare spoke once again. "That's...amazing." came her voice in a delicate whisper as her orbs found their way to his features once again. And what lovely orbs they were.
"My apologizes, I am Cheveyo of what was once the Foothills. It's a pleasure to meet you even under the circumstances." To Note's recollection, the Foothills had been seized by a band of mercenaries, their allies being the Throat in the battle between Outcasts and herd for a home. A noble group to be of, he supposed, considering the mercenaries had been so victorious.
Note took his time to ponder the words, his sharp green eyes flickering to the ground in thought. '...of what was once the Foothills...' she, Cheveyo, had said. No more Foothills? Had all the herds failed?
Well, yes, that seemed somewhat reasonable. Why else would all these signature herd smells be found in the caverns? There had to be a reason for the horses's hiding, but Note did not care to know. That would mean he would have to actually engage in a conversation. Scary. He decided to just stick with introducing himself.
Note's sharp gaze returned to Cheveyo's, a small smile leaping to his lips. "Same to you. I am Note, Warrior of the Dragon's Thr-" the stallion stopped himself there. His usual greeting was inaccurate because of so many reasons now. Note tore his eyes away from the mare, turning his head to the front of his body. He shook his head in his flustered state, a puff of laughter at his own ridiculousness escaping the stallion's pipes as dark gray tendrils of mane snaked down his nape. "Sorry, I'm just another outcast now."
His tone was somber, the smile as small as it was disappearing as every heartbreaking moment of his banishment replying in the stallion's mind. The emotion, the pain, the anger, all of it slipped into those words. Note tried to recover as quickly as he could, gathering up the remainder of his strength to glance at Cheveyo, stealing a look at those pink orbs that held a glimmer of comfort in this dark time.
Note grinned once more, holding his head up to reveal his true height. The stallion tucked his wings, the flames dying down once again. He moved forward, the appendages close enough to brush the side of the ivory and sorrel colored mare's side. The stallion longed for the touch, but he had to keep moving forward. Being with such a captivating mare was like taking three steps backwards.
Sabel followed in her bonded's wake, flashing a smile at Cheveyo. Note paused about a length from the mare, turning his head partially to gaze at the mare one last time.
"Goodbye, Cheveyo. I truly hope we will have a meeting consisted of less..pain..in the future," Note's tone was almost playful, the lively grin retaining it's magic on his features. With that, the stallion's silver hooves moved him forward, leaving what was left of his heart behind to dwell with the painted mare.

--

@[Cheveyo]
aaaannnd Note's out unless Chev wants to ask some questions or something x3
(sorry for the thousand-word post, I accidentally stuffed a load of feels into this one)

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: may i interest you in a hot cup of tea? Cheveyo - by Note - 02-11-2014, 12:38 AM