the Rift

[OPEN] For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

First there was water, sweet, life sustaining water…

The fall is a beautiful place, even hidden in the dark underground. It is not the ocean, doesn’t even measure up but it has its own charm and is likely as close to what I want as I will find in this place of confining caves and gaping caverns. I truly did not want to leave it but even with all the years I’ve seen I have never lost my propensity towards curiosity. As I meandered about the edges of the pool below the fall I found another tunnel and could not help but venture in.

Then there was sand, soft, comforting and homey…

The tunnel walls press inward narrowing the opening but I do not turn back, then I round a bend and all at once there is nothing but blackness before me. Every previous cavern I’ve visited had some meager light source. This one must be the end of the line, the bottom of the boat, the heart of the earth…

Hesitating on the threshold I wait to see how far my eyes will adjust and discover that it doesn't really make much difference. Oh well, I guess I will just have to move carefully. Slow, economic steps carry me further into the black near to rock wall. Now I am far enough from the entrance that I cannot hope to use even that faint illumination to my advantage.

All at once I find that my hooves, rather than clicking across solid rock, are sinking into soft, sandy ground. Sand! I haven’t walked on sand in ages, this is not beach sand of course but it certainly feels no different in the dark. I am perilously close to a trip down memory lane as my mind begins wandering to the Silver Shores.

To hold off that painful experience I take a few brave leaps forward then sink to my knees and flop on my side kicking my legs to roll myself on to my back. Once I am sure that I can roll from side to side without hitting anything I do so vigorously and repeatedly enjoying the feel of the gritty sand scratching my skin. Thoroughly sand rubbed I let out a great sigh of contentment and stretch my neck out until my nose brushes something… feathery…

A bird? What in the world is a bird doing down here? Or am I just imagining myself surrounded by sea gulls because I’m pretending to be a on my beloved beach? Better investigate…

In quick, fluid motion, not at all similar to the slow laboriousness of my decent to the sand, I climb back to my feet a move in what I believe to be the direction of the phantom feathers. Nose to the ground I sniff and snort, dog like, along until I catch the scent of sweat and dirt and yes… feathers. But it is not a bird, it smells like another horse; a young, male horse but there are other alien scents connected to it as well as the strange and very misplaced scent of feathers.

Deciding that I am probably close enough that I might step on the creature if I continue advancing I freeze in place and put forth a whispered question…

“Who are you?”

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
RE: For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do - by Mermaid - 02-07-2014, 01:20 AM