the Rift

[OPEN] For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

My head snaps up as the creature at my feet begins to blubber very loudly. Apparently it really is exactly what it smells like, at least part of what it smells like… a child, a boy child and very, very young one. Momentarily flustered, I’ve never encountered anyone or anything that was genuinely frightened of me before and certainly not a child, I stand there stupidly for a moment until the babe’s hasty attempt to stand sends him crashing back to the ground. This failed attempt to run makes some sense of the half-choked words he’d been spluttering out earlier.

“I do not eat children and were I planning to I would not have asked who you are.”

I say it in as sensible, calm and soothing a voice as I can muster which is admittedly not as calm as it might have been in another situation. This endless black is beginning to give me the creeps as well.

“However, I am also not going to leave you alone. That would be a terribly irresponsible thing for me to do, don’t you think?”

I extend my muzzle again trying to determine from scent alone exactly how much space he is currently occupying. Shifting carefully I manage to get my bulk, not that I’ve much to speak of but compared to him it could be called bulk, maneuvered alongside him. This puts his small frame between me and the cave wall. With that done I lower myself to the ground again and attempt to curl around him while taking care not to crush those feathers I recall smelling in the process. He may attempt to flee again but I do not think he’ll have much luck getting around me if he does. I am hoping he will simply settle back and except my offer of warmth.

“There now, take it easy little lad; I won’t let anything hurt you, I promise.”

As I croon softly to him I wonder how on earth the tyke ended up in this dark cavern alone and where his mother could possibly have gotten to… after all he seems much too young to be surviving without milk and unfortunately there is nothing I can do to provide for that absence of nourishment. Pushing that thought aside I determine I will simply have to help him find his way back to the mare he belongs with just as soon as he is calm enough to listen to me. I will not watch another child die at my feet… I will not! Were it not so vastly black around me anyone looking at my face might see the determination shining in my eyes.

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
RE: For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do - by Mermaid - 02-09-2014, 04:21 PM