the Rift

[OPEN] For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

My soft, calming tone falls on deaf and disbelieving ears. The bird-child is too far gone in his terror to consider trusting the “thing” that forced itself into his presence unbidden. I feel the slap of rejection and it stings, a less than mature reaction I suppose but I do not like the thought that I am found frightening by this child… me of all things.

Sighing I draw back slightly holding on to the slim hope that he might still accept my offer of warmth if I am not crowding him quite so much.

Another voice drifts out of the shadows and I stiffen without consideration for how such a reaction might further frighten the colt. Luckily he doesn’t seem to notice. The disembodied voice offers aid in a concerned but firm tone and I find that it sounds sincere. Were I alone I would likely trust it immediately but with the boy at my side I think twice…

Then the choice is taken from me completely. In a blinding flash of light and fire the sobbing child is gone. My eyes snap closed in pain and a cold suspicion creeps into my mind. Did the owner of that voice that I thought so trustworthy do something to the boy? I listen hard trying to discern the situation…

The blubbering resumes, though this time not so close to my own ears. Apparently he was the source of that light and used it to remove himself entirely from my flimsy protection. I am both awed and frightened by this show of power in one so young. But I’ve more important things to worry about just now. I hope I did not misjudge this new stranger.

Climbing back to my own feet I turn towards where I know the pair to be.

“Yes, it seems we do need your help. I hope the lad’s trust is not misplaced, lady.”

I can not keep an undertone of warning from slipping among my last words but I do hope that she might be able to provide what I can not. Maybe she even knows who his mother is should he offer the name.

“Get him away from here while you can…”

Before he decides that you are out to make a meal of him too.

@[Kari] , @[Circe]

OOC: Sorry for vanishing, I left in a bit of a rush and totally forgot to post that I would be gone. Anyway, there is a wrap-up post unless you want to continue.

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
RE: For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do - by Mermaid - 03-01-2014, 08:05 PM