[OPEN] Nightmares [Open]

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

I have walked into a dream…

And for once it is not a nightmare…

This cavern is larger than any I have yet been in, larger even than the main room. The crystal maze I just escaped was certainly something but this… this is, well, something else. The soft ground cushions and I find it to be an amazing relief after all the stone I’ve been walking on. It is pleasant to know that I will not have to return to the Pit just to find soft ground. There is a strange, otherworldly, blue-ish green-ish luminescence about the place that makes me question it’s reality but what my hooves feel seems solid enough and so I move forward.

I come face to face with trees, trees like I have never seen before. They are slender and delicate with bushy, glowing leaves clustered at the top. How they manage to grow down here away from the sun I cannot imagine, but I would very much like to find out. My stomach rumbles reminding me that while I’ve found water aplenty I have not eaten at all in the few days I’ve been underground. Looking at the ground I consider the moss and grasses beneath the trees trying to determine if it is real or a mirage, and if real is it edible? The horned and winged beings scattered about the cavern room seem to perfectly happy in consuming it and none of them appear to be keeling over in pain. Of course it could be poisonous only to my kind put here as a way to rid this world of unwanted lesser beings.

No, that is a mean thought brought on by hunger delirium… I will take the risk and eat.

Advancing to stand under a tree-thing I lower my head and begin to crop the mossy grass, slowly at first and with evident greed. Almost anything would taste good to me right now but this really, really does.

Munch, munch, crunch… yum, yum, yum…

I am no longer paying any attention to my surroundings, only to what is under my nose. Then all of a sudden I am forced to pay attention.

Forced by a blood-curdling scream of pain and fear…

For a moment I am tempted to ignore it and just go on stuffing my face but the kindness and curiosity making up most of my being will not allow this course of action. After all it could be a child in danger whom I might aid, there could be an unknown cave predator that will move on to me once it has finished with the screamer, maybe one of those monsters that are supposed to have taken over above ground has snuck into our safe haven. It could be any number of things and just standing by waiting for whatever it is to run its course seems more dangerous than investigating.

That decided I move in the direction of the sound towards the darker back of the cavern. I swallow my last bite of greenery as I stick my head through a bush-thing and gaze questioningly into a shadowy corner. The being within is not a child, it is an adult and it is alone yet I am quite certain that this was the source of the scream. Puzzled I gaze across the short distance to her face, she doesn’t appear injured, under attack, or in danger or any kind. Nor does she herself appear to be dangerous. Then I notice that she seems a bit groggy as if she’d just awoken and suddenly I understand the reason for the scream… or I think I do.

“It is good to know that I am not the only one troubled by ghosts on the dream trails sister, though it appears that yours might be younger and fresher than mine.”

My eyes have adjusted slightly to the shadows of her hidden corner and I notice what I’d overlooked before, this girl is neither horned nor winged. She is a simple equine like me, though more interestingly patterned. At this realization I thrust my muzzle closer offering a friendly exchange of breath and an excited greeting that abandons any facade of worldly wisdom.

“Oh, you are my kind! You’ve no idea how happy that makes me! I keep finding horned and winged creatures everywhere, not that I mind but I was beginning to think I might be the only horse in these caves…”

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
Nightmares [Open] - by Kahlua - 02-05-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Nightmares [Open] - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Nightmares [Open] - by Mauja - 02-09-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: Nightmares [Open] - by Kahlua - 02-11-2014, 07:15 PM