the Rift

[OPEN] Claustrophobia.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
“Come here, child.”

Nasreen’s ears tilt forward, and in the warm orange light that she now sees pouring down the far side of a room just beyond this entryway, she makes out a lithe, thin figure. She doesn’t match her voice, is her first thought. The mare before her is slender and graceful, the color of a mottled pearl, or a shell’s lip, but the warmth in her voice reminds Nasreen of honey and the comfort of heavy, steady solidness. She can see that the stranger is a good deal older than her, and while she does not seem quite as old as her nursemaid back in Thor’qui, something about this mare brings her to mind. Already, she feels safer, as if things will be all right. Her feathers smooth slightly as Nasreen begins to relax.

“We will be warmer if we stand together. Are you looking for someone? Perhaps I might help…”

“Yes,” she replies gratefully, moving toward her unknown comforter. “I’ve lost my brother, Quil…? Quilyan?” The words come out in a smaller voice than she intends, but somehow they still echo faintly through this room, sounding even lonelier. By now, Nasreen has nearly closed the gap between herself and the mare. She faces her. They are close enough for Nasreen to reach out and touch her, to seek reassurance in the warmth of another, but for now, only their breath hangs between them, puffs of steamy air in this chilly outer room. “I’m Nasreen,” she offers, grey eyes meeting the older mare’s dark ones. “And I’m…lost. I don’t quite know what happened up there—” here, she motions toward the roof of the cave with her head “—but, perhaps you do?”

@[Mermaid]
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 02-06-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 02-10-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Mermaid - 03-01-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 03-07-2014, 03:09 AM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Mermaid - 03-11-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 03-19-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Mermaid - 03-23-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: Claustrophobia. - by Nasreen - 06-11-2014, 04:34 AM