the Rift

[OPEN] half heart and half soul, how i'll never be whole

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie
Demons lurked in the darkness. With every step, Jorogumo looked about, afraid something would step out and drag her back into the abyss. Every waking moment it seemed was spent in terror. There was no one to protect her. There was no one to cling to and hide behind. For once the spider wished she could just be a child that could clutch to her mother’s side. She had managed to be strong in front of that idiot boy once she was cured, but now she couldn’t cope with it. All she knew how to do was withdraw into herself, so that was what she did. Walking through the darkness was a wisp and a ghost.

Faces lurked in the back of her mind. Everyone she had infected. Everyone she had wounded. Despite the guilt she wouldn’t apologize. Seeing those faces again would just make the wounds fester even more. Plus she could only imagine what some of those individuals would do upon recognizing her as the monster that inflicted harm upon loved ones. Worst of all would be facing Kisaki and owning up to the things she had screamed at that mare. The mare who had in her childlike innocent been her idol. Now it was seeming no one could be trusted, not even herself.

The sound of a thump pulled her from her grief-ridden thoughts.
Ever so slowly, he ears perked forward and she walked in the direction of the sound. Before her was a hulking beast upon the ground. A frown passed over her lips as she went to the immediate assumption of the individual being dead. Jorogumo drew closer and went directly up to the dead creature. For a moment sheer terror sweltered up inside of her and she wanted nothing more than to run. At the same time she was curious. She wanted whoever this was to just be sleeping. The filly trotted over to the beasts side and gently poked his side with her horn. Would he move? Oh gods above she hoped so!

She paced around the frame of whoever this stallion was. One thing she did take note of was the lack of horn. Weak creatures these hornless seemed to be. Slowly she gazed about but she saw none weeping over this stranger. Maybe this idiot was just sleeping. She walked over to his face and reached out to gently nudge his cheek with the tip of her noise. “Come on you hulking beast and wake up. Please don’t be dead, I’ve seen enough death.” She tried to nudge him again. “Come on, open your eyes! At the very least move!”

If he was breathing she was too preoccupied to notice. The panic of seeing something lifeless before her was too great.

[@[Vincent] Hope you don't mind me jumping in! I won't tag you anymore if you would like me not to.]
"Talking"
Jorogumo

Icon by Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
RE: half heart and half soul, how i'll never be whole - by Jorogumo - 02-12-2014, 02:22 AM