the Rift

Winter BattleBorn
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Fina soared on ahead, her brilliant wings a crying difference from the bleak grey cold that surrounded us. Wind seemed to be pulling from all directions as we left the warm volcanic den to find frostfall already in full swing. Having hidden in that cavern for longer than desired, my wings ached for heaven—even if the sky was full of freezing flakes and jaw shattering winds. The pelts we wore were of little protection against this harsh weather, I was a desert soul, better adapted for warm tropics instead of this dark sickness that seemed to invade even the untainted winter. Teeth clinched and ears fell back, I steeled myself against the wind and didn’t complain even as my feet tucked further toward chest in an attempt to warm tender insides.

Distant clouds consumed the whole of Helovia, I didn’t travel toward them. Knowing gave way to reason that only death would be found in reward for my efforts of travel should I choose to fly in the darkness. Instead our flight took us higher, up and over the drifting death below. We came into the Threshold, Helovia’s last fragile foothold. Some strange, old, magic held this place in check. With a relieved sigh that curled into the air and was swept behind, we willingly ventured closer. Inspecting the blanket of timber that seemed vacant of life.

I couldn’t help but wonder what poor souls still took refuge in those trees. My phoenix dove for lower ground, her eyes flashing toward the purpose of hunting. Instead of following, my first reaction was to hang back; that was until gaze took note of an individual that stood with mouth grazing the snow. In the swirling snowfall it was hard to tell at first if said stranger was one of the infected, “Hail brother and good eve!” I called with a surprising amount of strength despite the clicking of teeth.

Leaning forward my wings pitched toward either side, successfully pushing frame toward earth. I extended and hovered well above his grounded reach. Silken tendrils, filled with frost lashed coldly against my patched shoulders and the cold steel that lay dormant, “Ye would be wise to not linger in these woods for long. An evil fills this land and it consumes all who venture forth.” My cry swam above the whistling breeze for him to either dash or heed.
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Winter BattleBorn - by Hawkeye - 02-10-2014, 09:03 AM
RE: Winter BattleBorn - by Midas - 02-11-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Winter BattleBorn - by Hawkeye - 02-11-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: Winter BattleBorn - by Midas - 02-16-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: Winter BattleBorn - by Hawkeye - 02-20-2014, 12:24 PM