Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
and it's like you're shouting out my name in the dark
but I can't hear
because there's ice in my heart.
Were they always doomed to turn to talk of darkness? The subject had, once again, turned to something quite decidedly un-cheerful, chasing him with ghost-touches and memory of fangs slicing through skin and muscle.. but this time, the horror lay outside, and not within; it wasn't his previous faith and belief they were picking through. In a way, the shadow-creatures were easier to speak of. He couldn't admit to himself, or anyone else, that he feared them—for he wasn't sure he did. But, they were monstrous, vile and disturbing, a blight upon Helovia, a tangible enemy.

Better than chasing your own shadow, at least.

"I don't know," he responded quietly, gently turning his head to peer over his shoulder. He didn't believe anything lurked in the tunnels, not anything of that kind at least, but when you speak of that which lurks in the dark.. it never hurts to check twice that there's no monsters under your bed. "Some kid. It was so disturbingly unreal and disproportionate I had a hard time actually grasping what I was seeing." That mouth, yawning wide as if to swallow the entire world.. devouring the whole horizon as it bore down upon him...

A pool? A pool that cleansed her of her sickness? Thoughtfully he watched her, and listened. She seemed to be herself.. so perhaps the water was to be trusted; thorough, in its cleansing... And Kahlua had spoken of Lena—had she been half-drowned, too? "I wonder..." he murmured, but never finished saying the sentence aloud. Why was there an incredibly convenient pool of water? Was it something "the ancients" had left behind, or something one of Helovia's own gods had magicked? And if they could magic a spring of water into healing the infection, why couldn't they just scour Helovia clean of it? Was it just some giant, stupid-ass test? "I don't know," he finally replied a bit absently. She ought to be proud he hadn't said "I have no friends" (which he did), but truth to be told his mind was still a bit distant. He remained silent a second longer, blue eyes staring through her, before he blinked, and snapped back to attention.

"Honestly, I don't know where they are—down here, or up above? But then again, is not all those stuck above the friends, children and parents of someone else? What does it matter who we dunk into a pool?" He frowned, slightly, realizing he had no real idea of where the pool was. "A pool" was a rather broad, vague term, especially in an underground cave system with not a few ones. "Where is this pool, anyway?"
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-10-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-11-2014, 08:28 AM
RE: ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-13-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-15-2014, 05:05 AM
RE: ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-15-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-16-2014, 07:09 AM
RE: ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-23-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: ye shall find - by Nyx - 02-25-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: ye shall find - by Mauja - 02-28-2014, 08:53 AM