the Rift

[OPEN] It will never rain roses

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M A R C O

It became increasingly obvious how much I've been intruding, but most of it slipped my mind as I nearly braced for another verbal attack. My mind focused heavily on the crossfire, but at least I could escape through a wide path than a narrow one - metaphorically speaking. Narrowly escaping with their life; isn't that the term? I hardly knew, but I assumed something else inclined itself as a puppeteer of musings and rationalization.

Relationships were complicated, but it was even more complex when the three of us (now two when the other quit due to his "drunken" behavior as pointed out by Moniz) intertwined in a bizarre series of events leading up to this point. My own philosophy on relationships was to acquaint and study the other character; make first impressions, and improve on being a better equine. Except I hardly done anyone of those in a mannerly fashion, and the guilt of it all weighed heavily on my withers.

At least something interesting squeezed out from my idiotic ways of trying to befriend a grumpy old mare. I hardly knew her age, but I made a guess based on her attitude, but supposedly that officially stated that my attitude was that of a boy! Did I ever mention how much I viewed relationships as complicated, complex? Anyway, I learned Rostislav was a unicorn. The idea of unusual equine species being referred to as a one-corn food object hardly made any sense to me, but I didn't make the rules when it came to naming things. Heck, I probably would be a terrible name-giver if I ever was blessed with the chance to name my offspring something.

My question after interrogating upon Rostislav's horn origins never went unanswered. It caught me off-guard when she went silent for a moment, but I didn't press on an immediate answer. Rather, I waited patiently until it was spoken from her jaw. Already my mind bustled with the idea of gifts. Egg gifts! Eyes poised on Moniz as she explained it. Unfortunately, it had took me some time to realize she was directing me towards another area of the Sanctuary. Where a gift could be waiting for me! My eyes flickered with keen interest and a greedy sort of look. "I see," I responded eagerly.

I was quick to get back to my feet; my legs a tad wobbly from lack of use for the duration of my stay. The idea of leaving sounded healthy where the mare's presence also wouldn't haunt me with her voice. However, my mind was focused on the gift more than the positive reasons why I should go. She was company in spite of the negative feelings inflicted upon me, I had to admit. It was something to come to than nothing at all. "Well, see ya?" I mumbled awkwardly as I faced the entrance of the area I was in before I took my leave.

You will like my sense of humor
You will be addicted to my smile
Laughing all the while

Image Credit

Fixed Table by Tamme

Messages In This Thread
It will never rain roses - by Moniz - 02-11-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: It will never rain roses - by Rostislav - 02-12-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: It will never rain roses - by Marco - 02-14-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: It will never rain roses - by Moniz - 02-14-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: It will never rain roses - by Rostislav - 02-16-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: It will never rain roses - by Marco - 02-18-2014, 11:12 PM