the Rift

[OPEN] Higher

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

There are many Pegasi within these caves who would no doubt argue that they, above all, suffer from their confinement the most. After all, they might say, we are creatures of the sky. We fly close to the sun, float among the clouds, feel the wind whip through our manes. The equines and the unicorns, they say, may miss the feel of the sun on their backs or the landlocked breezes of the surface, but we - we are the ones who can only truly be alive when we are above ground. As for me, I am not one to belittle the pains of others. If the equines and the unicorns are as claustrophobic as I am becoming, who am I to say their unhappiness is less than my own? In any case, I am unaware of the painted mare's thoughts or the comforts that this wall provides her. All I have is my curiosity, the desire to know more.

Even if I had known of the war-torn memories of the fae, her smile would have reassured me. She seems eager to share her knowledge with me, just as entranced as I am with the engravings on the walls. I think of Rowan, and I know that she would have loved it here, even if she had not loved the circumstances. She would have sought out the caves' secrets, looked for the reason behind the darkness-infested land. She would have known what to do to fix it. But most of all, she would have been here, where we are standing, poring over the hieroglyphs, as we are doing. After all, I have seen her spirit in these very caves - how do I know that this is not where she has chosen to spend her afterlife? I feel closer to her than ever, and this mare is the reason.

She admits that she can indeed read the writing on the walls, and I nearly squeal with excitement. My desire to know more nearly overwhelms me, and though my hooves shift softly on the soft dirt ground, I manage to contain my glee. Barely. "That's amazing," I tell her with a smile. I pause, overcome with emotion of my own. "My sister, Rowan, would have loved this place," I say softly. Though not my sister by blood, she was by far the closest thing, and I had always considered her as such. "Could you maybe read just a little of it? If it's not too much trouble?"

"Talk talk talk."
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Higher - by Sohalia - 02-11-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: Higher - by Cheveyo - 02-11-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Higher - by Sohalia - 02-11-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: Higher - by Cheveyo - 02-18-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: Higher - by Sohalia - 02-18-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: Higher - by Cheveyo - 02-18-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: Higher - by Sohalia - 03-04-2014, 10:40 PM
RE: Higher - by Cheveyo - 03-06-2014, 05:43 PM