the Rift

i have no one but you.

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis

I walk with a swift pace, excitement coursing through me. Adella makes excited twittering sounds, her body wiggling as she scurries up my back, perching on my withers and flaring her nostrils.

"We've done it!" She squeals, our minds morphing into one for just a moment, our thoughts shared as she opens her leathery wings, taking off and soaring above my head, weaving through the trees. This is the first scent of equine we've caught in a long time, despite the harsh climate we could smell the stale scents, most of them from the area far behind us, where Frostfall had yet to touch the yellow, coarse grasses. As the trees were beginning to grow closer and closer together, our excitement rose. My heart beats with a swift pace, my chest pounding as I race anxiously towards the snow covered woods.

As we enter the woods, our hearts thumping with joy, we move swiftly beneath the cover of trees, my heart dropping when I see why the land is so dim. Beyond trees lies shadows, all shadows, consuming the entire land, devouring everything as far as the eye can see. "Wh.. what is this?" Adella's voice rings through my mind, hints of worry in her normally cheery tone. I'm afraid to respond, unable to answer without my voice breaking. I.. I don't know... I thought it would be safer here, somewhere we can be accepted for who we are, and where we can find a permanent place to stay. For most of our lives we've bounced from place to place, never staying long. Its made us strong, understanding of one's situation because of how many situations we've been in ourselves.

Adella chirps, nipping at my ear as my sudden change of mood begins to effect her. Obviously not wanting to dabble into our past, she instead brings up our future. "Do you plan for us to stay?" She wonders, cocking her rectangle shaped head as she perches on my shoulders. I shrug, letting out a deep sigh. I don't know, if we find someone accepting of us, then maybe?

Adella curls up on my back, making a deep grumble. "Find someone soon, it's getting cold." She burrows into some of my mane, only a few minutes later do I here the soft, bubbling snore coming from her thick body. I glance back, watching her ebony sides heave, shimmering in the pale Frostfall light.

Trudging forth with Adella's gentle snore to keep me company, I begin to search for someone. It's easier to spot horses against pale snow, unless they themselves are as pale as the snow that falls upon my back. I raise my crown, dual-toned eyes scanning the sky for signs of a Pegasus soaring through the sky, but I find only nothing. Inhaling deeply, I draw myself forward again, walking at a leisurely pace through the leaf-less trees.

talk

Isi & Adella </style>

[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Messages In This Thread
i have no one but you. - by Isi - 02-11-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: i have no one but you. - by Tyradon - 02-17-2014, 11:28 AM
RE: i have no one but you. - by Isi - 02-17-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: i have no one but you. - by Tyradon - 02-17-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: i have no one but you. - by Kahlua - 02-19-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: i have no one but you. - by Aaron - 02-19-2014, 01:23 AM