the Rift

[OPEN] she's a bit of a fixer-upper [healing]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

No.

No, how could she move on when her life was in the past? How was she to look forward when everything she had known lay behind? Her King, her Princess, her kingdom... it all fell in ruins at her hooves, all because of her. She had not been strong enough - no, she had never been enough at all. It was a futile effort that the healer embarked upon, a dark, twisting, winding road that would leave her empty-handed in the end. The DarkEmpress knew it - perhaps Lena did, too. But somehow, somewhere in the midst of the darkness of the shadow-mare's heart, a light shone though.

Somehow, somewhere, Lena's words had found their way through the denial and the guilt, had dug themselves into the jackal's soul and rooted themselves there. Malnourished though they may be, the seeds of doubt in her perpetual sorrow had been planted, and so the once-great Lady raised her amber gaze to the unicorn standing gloriously before her, the picture of all that their species should be, and offered a small, sad smile. But it was not as sad as it might have been, not as hopeless as it was before. There was something new there now, something that Lena could claim credit for, something new and beautiful and bold and bright.

"Everything happens for a reason, Lena," the shade told the femme wearily, the picture of the battered soldier returned home from war. "I did fail. I did fall. I did get left behind - can't you see that?" She paused, shaking her head, her tresses slapping against her nape, reminding her of the trinkets woven into the locks (she reminded herself that perhaps she should remove them, and then decided against it - let them stay and serve as a reminder that she could rise again, even if not by the same means). "But maybe that, too, was for a reason. Don't fret, Lena. I am nothing now, but that doesn't mean that I will always be nothing."

[W/C | 334]

[OOC | Call it done, or...?]
Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: she's a bit of a fixer-upper [healing] - by Psyche - 03-23-2014, 05:24 PM