the Rift

[OPEN] looking over my shoulder [healing]

Kaiylia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"HEY!" the cry comes, and her cranium revolves slowly to the left, her gaze honing in on the distant, white figure. His voice is brittle, and she thinks that he may become her first target. If she fails, there will be no harm done, after all - resentfully, she remembers how her myriad owners had passed her along, as though she were a new trinket gone out of style. They don't care if she lives or dies, and that knowledge, paired with her newfound hatred, drives her into an indescribable fury. The little buckskin stalks forward - or tries - and ends up stumbling anticlimactically into a large rock. It slices into her hindquarters, but does not come away; instead, her own flesh seems to congeal on the stone, leaving a gaping hole behind. She gasps with pain as she rights herself, but on she walks, determined to make her stand.

As she nears, she becomes vaguely aware of the long horn perched on the stallion's head, and her courage quails as that long-lost slave girl in the recesses of her mind remembers that unicorns are higher than she. If she were in her right mind, she would drop her bi-colored gaze to the ground, bow to the steed and await instruction; as it is, she forces her eyes to bore into his, refusing to give in to old habits. And she presses on, adrenaline assisting her in staying upright, stumbling only every few steps rather than constantly. A pale apparition appears beside her (a new ability that would have made her nervous, had she been normal) and charges for the steed; it carries her infection, threatening to take him to the same darkness that holds the buckskin under its spell.

"You," she rasps, closer still, her vocal cords scratching against one another in her rage. "You and your kind. You deserve this, not me." There is hatred, a hard mask upon her face. Later, she will remember this moment and cringe, hating herself for the weakness that had loosened her tongue. Later, she will run from this stallion, terrified that he will take her to task for her cruel words, for stepping out of her station. But for now, she hopes that he will try, hopes that should he kill her, she will take him down, too. "You deserve to die," she hisses, and lunges forward, teeth bared, attempting to balance herself and bite him all at once.

"Talking"
Kaiylia
Image Credit
Table by Sevin

Messages In This Thread
looking over my shoulder [healing] - by Kaiylia - 02-13-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: looking over my shoulder [healing] - by Mauja - 02-16-2014, 09:05 AM
RE: looking over my shoulder [healing] - by Kaiylia - 02-17-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: looking over my shoulder [healing] - by Mauja - 02-21-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: looking over my shoulder [healing] - by Kaiylia - 02-24-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: looking over my shoulder [healing] - by Mauja - 02-27-2014, 04:16 AM
RE: looking over my shoulder [healing] - by Kaiylia - 03-07-2014, 09:27 PM