the Rift

[OPEN] for the first time in forever.

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I swayed my head at the response; vaguely indicating my arrival and inhabiting Helovian soil remained ephemeral as I answered, "I-I just arrived n-not too long aaago. " I was the new guy, and a stranger at that on lands unknown and equines with unusual, yet fascinating appearances wander endlessly or with a destination in mind. Somehow, the follow-up question left me to silently brood over the memories that I was better off shelving. The feeling left me home-sick again, but I did my best to perk back up. It never was in my nature to appear so gloomy when the water continued to display its playful behavior in an excitable environment. "My herd?" I said with a false note of peppiness. "I had to leave my herd, to find a new home." I wondered if I could mention that I have a new family among Helovians. I mused upon the meetings I had, and my savior from a monster I had yet to encounter - which I personally rather not.

Shortly after the second question, my gaze, softening, fixed itself upon azure eyes - which reminded me of the snow at the peak of the mountains in the distance where my former life was. My favorite weather was always the rain, though. Plenty of mud pools to stamp my feet into with delight! The winter did melt into water so I couldn't complain in spite of how chilly it felt - my warm coat braved most of it though, minus the heavy storms.

Her third question hardly caught me off-guard this time, but something in my mind wanted me to proudly declare a high number. However, it was plain obvious that my form resembled a boy still growing into his body. Maybe if I could distract her, she wouldn't notice my age? "My age? My age is but a number where it declares how long I lived here, and the seasons I see again and again. Two years I have seen only a tiny bit of the world, but that's just a number. A number! I'm a grown colt - a stallion if I have aged already becauseIsurely-" I abruptly stopped and my lungs heaved for oxygen. I had walked so long and I still maintain poor shape!

Elsa spun around, and I curiously watched her accustom herself to moving around in the depths with wings dipped into it for extra friction. I was still taking mouthfuls of air into my mouth as I noisily gulped down a few more. By then, the air flowing back into my lungs curbed some of the icy pain I felt within my breast. Immediately, I pretended to appear as if the whole chatter had done nothing to me, or had happened moments ago. Eyes innocently glancing away, and head bobbing and tilting as if exploring the dull background.

"How about you?" I queried; bringing up another conversation.

@[Elsa]

Messages In This Thread
for the first time in forever. - by Elsa - 02-15-2014, 08:53 AM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Marco - 02-15-2014, 10:15 PM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Elsa - 02-18-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Marco - 02-19-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Elsa - 02-21-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Marco - 02-24-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Elsa - 02-26-2014, 10:49 AM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Marco - 02-28-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Elsa - 03-03-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: for the first time in forever. - by Marco - 03-06-2014, 12:50 PM