the Rift

[OPEN] light me up before you go go

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Steps that normally clacked and clanged through the caverns where they all huddled like refugees were eerily quiet here. Voices that overlapped each other until they became a muddled pool of sound were naught but faint whispers echoing through here. Ampere quickened her steps, painfully curious about this back section of the caves where it seemed few came to travel - and she soon knew why.

A wall of darkness greeted her at the end of the tunnel, though the air did not smell damp or stale, the way a corner or a small space might. Ampere craned her head forward, but as much as it seemed like it, the darkness was not a living thing and did not draw back from her touch. Instead she withdrew from it, her breathing increasing. What is this? her mind asked, curious, but frightened after what darkness had done to her thus far.

She licked her lips, weight shifting anxiously and her wings ruffling against her sides. "I could go back," she murmured, comforted by speaking aloud, as if she were not so achingly alone in these halls packed with horses. No she thought stubbornly, she wanted to know what was in there.

An idea sparked in her mind them, almost literally, as she began to collected the sand and the pebbles mixing int he archway of the murk. Blue electricity popped and buzzed into life as Ampere turned the organic matter into energy, colliding it together into one large mass and shaping it into a small bird with a flick of her tail. The creature constantly hummed with an electrical current and occasionally arcs of lightning would snap from its rough outline. Ampere laughed at her new friend as it zipped around her, its wings flapping needlessly, just for show.

It whirred past her into the dark, its light scattering the blackness only so far, but far enough to see it extended quite a ways. Steadily Ampere slipped in after her creation, drawing up more sand and rocks to create a second bird as she did, so that the two of them were fluttering all around her. For the first time in a long time her heart was airy, lifted in her chest.
"I can fly in here," she breathed, excitement bubbling inside her as she watched her electric birds soar up higher and higher. Ampere released a loud whoop and flicked her wings open, pumping them at her sides and shoving off with her hooves until she was unsteadily airborn. There were no wind currents however, and before long Ampere was earthbound once more, her weight too much for such a dead zone of air.

Still, she kept trying.

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-15-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-10-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM