the Rift

[OPEN] light me up before you go go

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

It was easy to take magic for granted, especially your own. It was so common place, particularly around Helovia, that Ampere had stopped paying much mind to it, a danger in and of itself. Certainly magic could be beautiful and helpful, but sometimes it was too much for a horse to control, be it by mistake or otherwise. All this time she'd been worried the caves would erupt with a common sickness with everyone in close quarters, or a war to break out from an argument - it was probably more likely someone would blow up their shelter.

Alysanne was so enthralled it took Ampere by surprise, though in a pleasant way that made Ampere preen. "Do you not have magic?" she asks, beginning to walk closer now that the stranger had been decided as appealing and perhaps even, a possible friend, a rare thing for Ampere. Although, her question might be ruining that prospect. It was possibly her youth that made her naive to sensitive topics, but more likely a personality defect.

The mare didn't seem to have much experience with magic, at least Ampere thought so, as her question drifted through the dark. Ampere laughed gently, "Of course, they are electricity," she said matter-of-factually. "They would not be of much use otherwise," she murmured, almost perplexed by the notion there were nothing but ornamental. She was naive to the implications of what she said; for her it was very simple and how she has been raised. The world was hard and you needed to be tough and willing to fight to survive. There was beauty of course, and she could appreciate it, but that's why flowers were eaten and thorns were not. Magic and beauty was worthless to her if they did not cause hurt; for that reason Ampere generally assumed everyone else's magic did the same.

The birds drifted away now that the two stood close. Ampere could just barely make out parts of Alysanne, aided by the passing glow of her creations as their light continued to explore the cave. An ear flicked towards the mare before her as Ampere's attention followed her birds, listening as Alysanne spoke with a sensible optimism Ampere had been lacking lately. She grimaced at herself, frustrated with how easily she was feeling defeated and pitiful. Her gaze traveled back through the dark, searching for the mare's face, wanting to give her a smile for her advice. "You're right," Ampere agreed, her wings whispering as feathers brushed across each other, the appendages being lifted and stretched towards the dark ceiling. "I think this room may become my favorite for that very reason, even with the dark." Still a nagging part of her thought, unwilling to concede so easily, it would be nice to fly again.

Maybe she'd have to risk the top world again, just once. She needed to find Mesec anyway...

Her memory flashed an image of Brighid and the wraith, but she swallowed it down with an audible gulp, happy to be distracted with Alysanne's well-mannered formalities. "No," Ampere laughed gently again, amused at the notion of her spark sparrows having names. "They've no need of such," she explained, dropping her thread of control with them so that they dispersed with a final pop of electricity and were no more. The darkness descended rapidly, its absence of light blinding in a way that made Ampere's eyes hurt. She blinked, quickly crafting a new creature from the sand.

The blue light unfolding from the morphing sand merged into one, sparking mass that gradually shaped itself into a rabbit at Ampere's whims. She sent it hopping around by their hooves, the sand shifting only slightly with the passing currents. "They are not alive after all, they are not companions..."

The blue pegasus watched her static hare race around the room, her thoughts drifting along with it, wondering of the poor creatures bound to horse's souls being cooped up here with them all - or worse, sent out into the apocalypse by their cowardly bonded, like Midas. She was glad she'd nothing but her lightning, it was as it should be.

"I'm Ampere."

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-15-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-10-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM