the Rift

[OPEN] light me up before you go go

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Ampere was hopeful when Alysanne seemed curious, not hasty to butt in her own opinion or to reject what Ampere had to say. She thought she had judged this mare correctly and was grateful when it proved correct, thus far.

"There's a lot," Ampere responded at first to Alysanne's question, though she knew it was too broad to be anything but useless. "Those who are stolen and can't break free, those who go hungry, those who are enslaved..." Ampere recalled her success in getting Shadow free of her captor after being kidnapped from her herd. At the time Ampere had only done it to use Shadow as a bargaining chip for information, but the mare had proven a useful ally and for that Ampere reconsidered her motives, led mostly in part by her increasing drive to free the companions.

"Many don't seem to realize what exactly entails bonding to a companion." Ampere began carefully, though she knew she would not be able to maintain her composure for long with this topic. Still she would try, remembering too well her previous attempts at explaining and their failures - it helped that Alysanne seemed unbonded, so far. "A creature that would otherwise have lived its own life is chained to one's soul, its emotions, its thoughts, its entire existence intertwined with the horse it bonds to, a horse which typically makes all the decisions on their conjoined life. That alone is terrible sounding enough, but then these companions are frequently pitted against larger opponents in battles as an advantage for the horse! I even know of one that was being sent outside the Sanctuary, risking its life among the wraiths because its bonded was too scared to leave the safety of the caves where the infected cannot enter." Ampere finished with a derisive snort, thoroughly disgusted by everything she just had to explain.

"It is a greedy and selfish habit that the horses of Helovia participate in, disregarding the desires and well being of the companions they so readily enslave." The electric rabbit near them had begun to spark and pop actively, its outline frequently blurred by the angry energy feeding off Ampere's heightened emotion. At times the hare seemed to morph into a monstrosity, its blue shape clawing to consume anything near by with an electric sizzle. Realizing she was growing hot again Ampere quieted down, shaking her head at Alysanne's query on the wraiths. "They don't seem to be able t-"

Just then a shout arose at the side, a name being flung frantically about the pit from where an orange, flickering glow emanated. Ampere startled at first, her wings ruffling at the abrupt clamor, but just as quickly she settled, though her ears had sunk against her neck and remained there for a while, coaxed upright only at Alysanne's encouraging voice as she called out to the strange horse. Ampere wasn't certain how the girl failed to see their little blue nightlight, but all the same she flicked her tail and the rabbit went bounding off towards Aurelia, intent on leading her back towards them.

Ampere was sad to see the light glow, its absence plunging her and Alysanne into complete darkness.

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-15-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-15-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 02-21-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-10-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Alysanne - 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Ampere - 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: light me up before you go go - by Aurelia - 03-23-2014, 09:46 PM