Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

That name again. That Paladin name. That name meant nothing. That name was nothing. Whoever he was was dead. The man beneath the monster struggled to push the black weight from his mind, but he could not. As the battle wore on, he grew tired, curling up in the corner of his mind to which he had been sequestered. It was all a bad dream. Everything was all just a bad dream. Soon, he would open his eyes and everything would be whole again.

Right?

Blood pooled in his mouth and squished between the ivory pillars of his fangs, turning silver and gold to copper and iron. The taste of blood was so familiar and so beautiful, euphoric, almost. Memories of old came forth. The smell of smoke from burning down trees, the guttural commands of his father, rubbing shoulders with his brother as they prepared for war. Acid burned the back of his throat, and the clash brought the blood to his lips, the taste so sweet and pitiful.

The stallion watched the larger mare's back raise, and he backed quickly, falling onto his haunches which were temporarily healed of their arthritis by this evil, dark disease. Paladin felt the edges of her hooves collide with his chest, pulling the hair in patches but not breaking skin. A bruise would form, for sure. The stallion put distance between them, watching her with his calculating crimson eyes, feeling nothing. Paladin was weeping and praying to wake up, beaten into the cage.

The mare lunged at him, and Paladin widened his stance, prepared to put to test a movement he learned long ago. As she came at him, he stood his ground until the last moment. He leapt to the left and tilted his horn downward and then upward in one, swift, powerful movement of his black neck. The intent was to have her skewer herself upon the white spiral as the movement of her legs brought her chest cascading like a wave. He had butchered more than one opponent this way, the horn going straight through the heart.

A lifetime spent of begging others to believe he was not a monster, and now this.

DO YOU FEEL MY PAIN NOW?

Messages In This Thread
Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 02-16-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Soleil - 02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 02-17-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Soleil - 02-18-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Soleil - 02-25-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 03-03-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Soleil - 03-23-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Madness is the gift. - by Paladin - 03-27-2014, 11:39 PM