the Rift

[PRIVATE] the angels weep.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

The emotions were far too much for her, heart beginning to crack, fragile and fresh.

She wanted her mother, her blue-maned dam, her bay-bodied sire, her family. She also wanted Tolio, the pearl-horned man who had recently become colder. She wanted the old Tolio back, the one who actually cared, who was sweet, who played with her when she was just a lanky-legged klutz. She begins to cry harder, diamonds falling from her eyes, overflowing from her pools.

He says her name again, and she hicks, gazing up at him as she grasps for air, choking on her crystalline tears. He begins to ask her why she cries, but she cuts him off with her angered words, her complaints of her fears. He seems stunned, but she pays no heed to that, she simply cries, vision blurred by her tears. Her vessel hangs back at the entrance to the cave, watching the couple carefully, pale orbs flickering to the familiar grullo stallion. She sees through his eyes, watching her weep and Carnesîr lean over her, preening her ebony covered withers. She can feel the pain in her companion's heart, the want to tell her it's okay, yet she also finds an envy that this man is able to touch her like this. Slowly, this image fades.

Back into her own mind, she feels the pain hit her all at once, continuing to sob profusely. She can barely breathe, but it does not matter, breathing's overrated anyway. His broken speech makes her smile, despite the pain in her breast. In truth, she had no friends. She had no one but Altair and her Knight, who seemed uncertain about being this close to her. Had those silly little games they played in the steaming spring been all a dream? Had she simply been imagining the whole thing? Even if so, she offers a silly smile, giving him (somewhat) reassuring words. "I have no one else—" She murmurs, pain in her lyrics as she sings a solemn song, one of heartbreak, of denial, of rejection.

She frowns at him as he says the first bit of her name, a moan escaping his lips before he says the rest of her name. She wasn't prepared for what came.

Her jaw drops, and the world simply— stops. There is nothing beyond them, they are trapped together in a room of black, his bodice seeming to glow with the truth in his words, and her body begins to tremble, her mind whirling, her world thrown upside down. She chokes on her feelings, unable to breathe as she stares deeply into the deep, earthly eyes of her Knight— no.

He was no longer her Knight.

She turns away from him, from the world. She tries to stand, knees weak as she stumbles away from Carnesîr, ebony ears flattened against her skull. She does not understand how to handle this, if she should reject him, if she should scold him, if she should— she shakes her head at the mere thought of going down just as her mother had, burning up like a star.

With a plain, solemn tone, she speaks simply. "A son?" Her dark lips tremble uncontrollably as she stumbles closer to the wall, leaning to the left, using the wall for support while staring into the corner of the room. She breathes in deeply before coughing, her tears running freely yet again. Her leonine tail lashes furiously as she hears his words repeated over and over again.

"Why did you never tell me?" She turns around, facing him, pain and fear taking over her lyrics. Her melody is no longer soft and understanding, but broken, off-rhythm. "Did you think I wouldn't love you— or care for you once I found out?" Suddenly she feels anger, why he had never bothered to tell her about this? Did he think it was unimportant, he had a son. A goddamned son! Nostrils flaring, pain in her eyes, she screams out, stomping her cloven hoof. "I thought maybe... just maybe, we could be something." She inhales deeply, turning away from him yet again, stars shimmering as she does. She begins to walk towards the entrance, unable to sing the last verse of her song— of their song. It was over now, unable to be sung again, for it was all in her head. She had been a fool not to notice it all this time. "I'm sorry Carnesîr, I suppose we just.. cannot be." Her final words are whispered, a mere breeze in the wind, a change of direction of that which blows above their crowns. "I- I loved you." She begins to walk, back turned to the grullo. Little ashen vessel follows solemnly, head lowered, ears laid back.
"Talk talk talk"
[; A ; i'msosorryomgfrostkindajustwroteherself]

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Messages In This Thread
the angels weep. - by Frost Fyre - 02-16-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: the angels weep. - by Carnesîr - 02-22-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: the angels weep. - by Frost Fyre - 02-26-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: the angels weep. - by Carnesîr - 03-06-2014, 11:32 AM
RE: the angels weep. - by Frost Fyre - 03-08-2014, 11:11 PM