the Rift

i don't think that's how the song goes, open

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
This felt both foolish and right, leaving the caves. She felt safe down there, despite the darkness – held close by the earthen walls. Close quarters did not bother her, but she relished the chance to return to the surface. It had been bothering her for some time, the idea that there might be those travelling to Helovia – that there might be some who did not realize what was happening. The least she could do was guide any she found to safety, was it not? She hated to fly, but if she was quick about it perhaps the risk to herself would be minimalized.

So she had set out towards the forest of the Threshold, where she had arrived herself just this past summer. Luck seemed to be on her side, as emerald eyes did not land on another soul until she was there.

And they weren’t very hard to spot, especially not the one mare – her colours were nothing short of beautiful, and her hair! The flames were unlike anything that Alysanne had seen before, though she did her best not to stare. Already she was moving towards her when another mare, this one brilliant in white with a dragon alongside her, and then a stallion that seemed familiar with at least one of the pair. Alysanne herself arrived just after him, her expression clouded by a troubled little frown. Surely they knew that something was not right, surely at least one of them knew.

But maybe they didn’t! What a wonderful coincidence that would be. She seemed to be the odd one out, without a companion of her own. “Terribly sorry if I’m interrupting anything. It’s just that these aren’t particularly safe times to just be hanging about.” She had felt nervous leaving the caves, certainly, but the fact that there were others here meant that she was right to make the trip – perhaps she could convince them to come back with her, where it was safe. But then she realized how morbid she was being and she offered a warm smile. “Not to frighten you off or anything! Helovia is really quite lovely… usually.” The parts that weren’t sick were still rather lovely, but there was always that threat lingering. Or was she just paranoid because she knew what was out there?

“I’m Alysanne, by the way, and there’s safety in the caves just south of here.” She could not quite shake the feeling that there might be someone lurking, ready to attack. She had seen more of them to serve her for the rest of her life – she did not wish to see anyone else, friend or stranger, become a twisted version of themselves or become consumed by the darkness.

image by ali <3

hope you don't mind/she's not making it too crowded!
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
i don't think that's how the song goes, open - by Adele - 02-16-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: i don't think that's how the song goes, open - by Alysanne - 02-17-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: i don't think that's how the song goes, open - by Adele - 02-17-2014, 08:45 PM