the Rift

it's a bad Omen

Morir Posts: 79
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 4 HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwydd :: Raven :: None Adoptable

The only spider I sense here is you he thought sceptically as she answered him, words wrapped in riddles and half spoken threats - did she always hide the truth of her heart like this, or was it simply because of their lack of familiarity that caused it? The more time the ghoul spent in the presence of this wicked witch the less he found himself enjoying it. Yet what she offered... was it not why he had left his birthplace so willingly? To find something that could be his, to conquer and rule and reign with more justice and compassion than the kings of the northern plains? When Confutatis spoke of family he found himself wistfully thinking back towards the good days, to the very beginning of his short life when his family still had been whole and happy. Despite the illness that wrecked his frail body at the time, despite their sorrow over his lack of sight, his parents had been loving and gentle, proud over the son that all the others shunned and scorned for his inherited weakness. To have that again, to experience something of the kind once more...

The faintest of sighs relaxed muscles throughout his frame. It had not been noticeable before how tense he was, how prepared to fight or flee depending on the odds of victory the brute had been. Yet now that he let some of his guard down the contrast made his preparedness apparent - and his answer, silent and unspoken as it was, all the more obvious.

A grin returned to the charred brims but instead of being amused or chastising, this time it was darker, greedier, an eager smile lusting to possess.
"Well done sister, you have persuaded me" he purred, a tune most daunting and sinister in its foretelling of wicked debauchery to come. "I don't like you very much and I can't say I trust you, but until the time comes that you let me down I will let you guide me. May you lead well."

Silken curtain swelled and rippled as the towering gargoyle inclined the neck in a semblance of a bow, sharp pointers briefly touching upon the crisp surface of the snowy ground before returning to their rightful position. It was more of a reverence than the twin flames had ever received, more than had ever been extended to anyone. Enjoy while you can, lady Spider, for it is unlikely to happen again - lest you earn it.

"I am Morir" he eventually continued and raised a forefoot to proceed the meandering, this time falling in beside his self-appointed queen and guide, one step short so that she might lead the way more truly than before.

"Tell me of this land we are going to conquer; what creatures live here, how strong are they, what gods or spirits do they pray to? Tell me everything you can, as detailed as you can." He was prepared to listen as they continued the journey south, machinery of thought already spinning through cogwheels and dark impulse - weaving webs of conquest, of cunning and deceit, so that one day he would taste the sweet nectar of victory as he ruled on high.

What if I say I will never surrender?

BackgroundLabs.com

♦ Please tag Morir in all replies! 

Messages In This Thread
it's a bad Omen - by Morir - 02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: it's a bad Omen - by Amani - 02-17-2014, 04:25 PM
RE: it's a bad Omen - by Morir - 02-17-2014, 06:43 PM
RE: it's a bad Omen - by Amani - 02-17-2014, 08:15 PM
RE: it's a bad Omen - by Confutatis - 02-17-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: it's a bad Omen - by Morir - 02-17-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: it's a bad Omen - by Amani - 02-20-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: it's a bad Omen - by Morir - 02-20-2014, 10:59 AM