the Rift

[OPEN] give a little back

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

In her sadness, Alysanne had wondered if physical wounds would have been easier to tolerate than the mental and emotional ones that kept her from sleeping.

If she had all of her memories, if she knew what the infected Miykael was talking about, she would know – she would know that the price of bites and tears and broken bones would be worth it if there was someone else to save. She bore the scars of this previous encounter with another demon, but thought it only an unfortunate cougar attack when she was freshly pregnant.

But ‘ifs’ are easy to wonder about - easy to let multiply and take over a once calm mind.

“Quite effectively too.” She spoke without scorn, only sad fact - Lena spoke of them finding a way to pierce her and they had. “To find that I’ve had memories, major memories, removed from my mind by someone I thought to be a friend…” It was a violation, she still could not accept that somewhere in her life, something had happened that she had no memory of. If she tried to concentrate too hard, tried to remember, she was unable to focus – like there was a slippery wall around what he had taken from her.

Whatever it was, knowing it would be better than this – would be better than wondering and thinking the worst.

She hadn’t meant to tell Lena anything specific about what had been said – she did not think it was fair to force the beautiful unicorn to share (even briefly) in any pain when she was sure to have her own. They all seemed to, down here.

It was amazing how sometimes it took a friend to make a point to really make it click. Alysanne probably could have come up with similar advice, and she might’ve if the roles had been reversed. As it was, she was left with only with gratitude for the beautiful bay unicorn that spoke such amazing truths! It was true that she had been spending an incredible amount of time worrying over what happened – giving greater weight to the events than she should have. Yes, they were troublesome, but wasn’t she making it worse by agonizing?

A small, grateful smile returns to those green eyes. “You’re right, of course you’re right. I will try.”

Maybe it would be best to move right on from the topic. And from this spot, now that she thought about it!

“I think I’ve stood in this spot for long enough, there’ll be trees breaking through the caves of these walls if I give them any more nutrients! Time to move on. You're both quite welcome to keep me company as I make my rounds, if you'd like!” She looked between them, her smile growing. Whether they parted here or later on, she was so glad to have met Lena and Imogen - and she did not think it would be goodbye for very long.

The caves were only so big, after all. Sooner or later you'd run into just about everyone!

@[Lena]
(thought this might be a good way to 'end scene' and fade out <3 but if that doesn't work for you I can change it!)

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 02-20-2014, 08:15 AM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-21-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 02-23-2014, 01:20 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 02-26-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-02-2014, 01:04 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 03-11-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-13-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 03-24-2014, 12:43 PM
RE: give a little back - by Lena - 03-30-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: give a little back - by Alysanne - 04-01-2014, 10:58 AM