the Rift

the new arrival of something wonderful

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The other mare seemed to react stiffly to Mirage’s introduction of leadership. The mare had placed herself fin that position because she had support to do so – it was not like she commanded her followers to fall in line behind her – they were loyal to her, and she to them, and she simply was the one who had brought those members of her group together, therefore she was most logical choice to be called Weyrleader. Mirage had not invited the mare into her group, merely explained what it was about, and she received silent amusement from the way the mare now second guessed her intentions. Perhaps that was Mirage’s own fault, perhaps she had approached the situation inappropriately – but if that were the case, it was only a small infraction of social acceptance. It wasn’t like Mirage was giving the mare a choice between following her or not, rather she was imparting information about herself, and the Qian very much was a large part of herself. If this mare wanted to join, she too had to prove herself worthy of joining.

“Mutual trust.” She spoke with a small curve to her lips, in response to themare’s question of ‘a catch’ to the situation. The two words symbolised the very core of the Qian; they were a band where one could trust, without question, their fellows. “Forgive me, I was merely speaking of matters close to my heart; you needn’t feel pressured into pledging yourself to me nor the Qian.” Accented tones explained why she had felt it necessary to bring her band up before. The Qian were a part of Mirage now, a part that she would never let go of, a part capable of growth and reduction through the ages. “I would be glad to gain your friendship, and aid you in your search.” Warmth entered her voice, honest and genuine care for the mare’s plight evident. “If you seek a herdland to rest your weary hooves upon, I am happy to travel with you, and introduce you to any whom I might know within the lands. Otherwise, you are more than welcome to accompany myself in my wanderings across the lands.” Mirage had many contacts, many alliances, it was why she was an optimum choice for a leader of a herd – even a blind soul could see that. But she was genuinely a kind mare (most of the time) and offered herself up freely to this maiden now. Tilting her tiara a fraction, she awaited a response.

[Just letting you know, Akaith is a female dragon (as all Golds are), you kept calling her a ‘him’ in your post :) ]

Messages In This Thread
the new arrival of something wonderful - by Shirah - 06-04-2012, 12:32 PM
RE: the new arrival of something wonderful - by Shirah - 06-06-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: the new arrival of something wonderful - by Shirah - 06-07-2012, 01:04 PM
RE: the new arrival of something wonderful - by Mirage - 06-07-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: the new arrival of something wonderful - by Shirah - 06-29-2012, 05:24 PM
RE: the new arrival of something wonderful - by Shirah - 07-02-2012, 06:53 PM