the Rift

[OPEN] born and raised in rain

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
Singing about good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to sing on the mountains, has the ocean lost it's way.

In spite of how I felt every fiber of my body clench together and ripples of my body trembled here and there, the sound of another impressed me into believing it was a welcoming in its oddest sensation. The voice spoke a word, but it continued to echo in my mind. The echo was soft, but it rattled, its female voice repeating one word. The pitch was lighter than one of a boy or a man, but I was quick to make assumptions - to know, and understand what was behind the darkness where another may illuminate in the cloak of invisibility. This place remained a mystery which had yet to unravel to my ignorant ears. It made me dwell on deeper thoughts: could monsters develop minds like equines could? I shook my nearly dish-shaped head. I reminded myself there were other beasts coexisting with my kind. Monsters could have any type of personality, mindset, and schemes.

The mare added extra words - her name: Azulee; to my relief she hinted at politeness, and concern on my presence in this part of the cave. I understood why one may ask that to an extent as I was sure to expose my vulnerability as a coward doing reckless things. It sounded contradicting compared to my usual behavior, but it was obviously too late to turn back when a conversation was conceived in the end. It would be rude to leave, and in silence.

My lack of words before I finally responded carried silence, but it was expecting me to break it. Azulee was waiting for an answer. "I'm, um, Marco," I introduced myself as calmly as I could. My self-control was either close to perfect or flawed. My body continued to shake like an earthquake, but I did my best to think through my next words. Nothing sounded like someone who had a rational idea why they would enter this area, so he replied to the question, " Not safe? Oh, great. I mean - I wanted to explore, a-and it looked like a good place to learn how to be..." I trailed off as my sense of pride threatened to dominate my words, but honesty won in the end. However, I concluded with the last word in a sour manner. "brave..."

Words: 377
Tag(s):
Comments:

walk walk walk "blah blah blah"

Messages In This Thread
born and raised in rain - by Azulee - 02-18-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: born and raised in rain - by Marco - 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: born and raised in rain - by Azulee - 03-04-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: born and raised in rain - by Marco - 03-06-2014, 08:46 PM