the Rift

[PRIVATE] Well now I'm just ugly and smelly
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Fear is only the emotion of choice</style>

We’d made headway over the past few weeks, saved a few souls from the disease that ran rampant. I cringed to think of those that still remained above us, lingering in the darkness, dying in vain. My daughter stood among those infected, somehow I knew that at the very least she still drew breath—and we would see each other again. Fina chirped mildly, but with compassion to understand such grief. “She’ll come home.” My sigh was her unspoken response, the mind link between us heard, “Yar, I know.” With how many of our kin in tow? Who else would I have to wrap up in chains and drag to the bottom of this pit?

The rotten smell of the infected seemed to invade us at random times, I hadn’t begun to notice that in this instance the strength of it wasn’t some ghostly ambition brought about by some active imagination. My companion hissed hatefully, her eyes peering toward the slopping entrance of our temporary home and feathers rising defensively. “What is it?” my voice broke apart and I was stunned into silence. Golden gaze widening before drawing tightly together as the reality of this intrusion struck home. A shadow emerged from the stony hall, his breath a rasp, heaving with death on each exhale.

“To arms!” I roared, fire flaring toward life around shoulders and armored neck. Mane licked with harmless flames that seemed to spring alive when emotions ran high. Again my steel and golden mask was called into action, each slivery plate slide forth and coated the most vulnerable parts of flesh. Stone clanked loudly beneath as I sprang from the shadows a beast with one keen purpose in life. Defend those that yet drew breath. Fina took to the air, ready to support me if the need arose.

They’d never made it past the entrance before, I couldn’t understand why this one would be able to soar past our defenses. My chains were outside and it would take them longer than a few moments to arise from their hidden position in the ground. “To me demon, look to me!” I shouted readily, knowing that their attention was easily drawn away from prey when more tempting delicacies arose.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Midas - 02-19-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Hector - 02-20-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Midas - 02-22-2014, 09:54 AM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Hector - 02-24-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Midas - 02-27-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Midas - 03-01-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: Well now I'm just ugly and smelly - by Hector - 03-03-2014, 08:00 PM