[OPEN] alone together

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
i wear this crown of thorns
upon my liar's chair

The large cat stood between you and the ivory streaked body on the floor, a silence lingering for what felt like forever between the amount of time that Ouija had bounced into the room and when the horned female curled up on the moss floor had begun to stir from an apparently deep sleep. Just then was when me deep voice tumbled from my thin chest, and the stranger crawled to dizzy feet, swaying momentarily before straightening herself out. Ouija looks up at you, her large eyes curious and hungry for information that you do not know how to give her. Instead of continuing to close in on the weary mare and her much larger companion, the tiny fox circles around your forelegs and tucks herself behind the left one, peeking out carefully at the feline.

The mare reassures you that she is fine, although you question her actual condition; she's thin, very unhealthy from surely the lack of nutrition dwelling in these caves, and dried black blood is strewn around her boney body randomly. Both ears cock forward, one held toward the cat, one toward the mare. Her weary voice drifts through the empty, warm air once more, asking who we are. We can hear your voice in your skull, "Not you, us." This only causes us to wave a limp-artistes hand at you, scowls burnt onto our faces. "What is?- Uhm," you pause for only a breif second, empty red eyes drifting from the mare to her companion, back to the mare. "I am Voodoo, and this is.. Ouija. I think she's a fox." Honestly you hadn't thought so much about exactly what she is, more of why you had gotten the chance to have her.

In turn, the stranger introduces herself as Delinne, a warm smile taking it's place of her bloodied face. Ultimately, a crooked grin pulls the corners of your lips up as well, even though it surely looks awkward to others' eyes. "Delinne the LightningBorn" she calls herself, a sense of pride almost dripping off of her words. Suddenly upon that, the mare that you had literally just met seems to drift off into her own little word, but still all of this new information is directed at you. All of this talk of a beaten little Princess throws you off, and you can feel the tension in the room thickening. We probably could have bit through the open air and grabbed a succulent snack out of it. Your chest becomes tight and you don't know whether to grab your small pup and leave, or stay and let the obviously stressed Delinne air out. Bingoo we all hum as your brain selects the "stay" option.

Almost as if the spew of personal information drained her, Delinne finished with "You know what... Forget it." and dropped to the floor once more. Without realizing it, you had stood in silence, staring at the mare as she deflated what must have been on her mind, even as she turned away and refused to look at me.. That laugh, the little ones tucked between her words.. That last brink of sanity that bubbles over when your emotions run so high, just as you figure this stranger is going through.. But you know that laugh. It may have been a while since it echoed reluctantly in your head, but you will always know it. A genuine smile creaks across the falsely bloodied face of yours, ears both had flickered forward to her as she spoke. Maybe she knew what it was like to live like this? Possibly..

The jungle cat pads to her bonded's front side, laying against her, protecting her from what may be, you guess. "You two should go. Delinne is tired. If you can't handle a crazy, leave." The mare's voice had shifted into something that it hadn't been before, and she referred to herself as Delinne. "I can handle crazy." you mumble, your crowned skull dropping lower as if to speak at a level that would reach her on the ground. Knotted cords of your partially matted -but otherwise curly- tail sway back and forth uncomfortably, right back hoof cocking on it's knarled edge. "So, Delinne. If you're comfortable with us staying, we'd like to." Empty maroon eyes rest easily on the LightningBorn, the smile had faded into a concerned grin, but still you wait for a response before moving in closer or adding onto the request.

Ouija -not understanding all of the tension that had plagued the once clear air- slipped from behind your legs somewhere between when the mare stopped speaking and folded herself back onto the earth, her triangle ears that are lightly lined in black folded back against her head in concern. The cat wraps up before the mare, and Ouija pads toward her cautiously. Her wet black nose twitches as she sniffs the air, all the while wandering dangerously close to the cat. Finally she stops a little more than two feet away from the duo on the floor. Ears perk up again, her fluffy tail wagging back and forth twice before settling again.

Tagged: @[Delinne]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

full of broken thoughts i cannot repair
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
alone together - by Delinne - 02-20-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: alone together - by Voodoo - 02-20-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: alone together - by Delinne - 02-21-2014, 08:02 AM