the Rift

[OPEN] Ice turns to water (hawkeye)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It felt good to have someone close by, a warm body who hadn’t been tainted by evil and a brother by species name. I didn’t offer conversation, it was struggle enough just to fly through the storm. My teeth chatter behind sealed lips, a vibration that causes crown to tremble with each violent pull of the wind. Feathers balanced themselves, beating off rhythm with his thumping appendages so we didn’t end up hurling into the other. Fina flew close to my neck, her smaller feathers emitting a warm light against the daunting cold. Slush that had long since turned to ice weighs down my spine and seems to coat each individual hair. Whipping banners feel heavy and painful when striking against bare flesh.

We fly high over the darkness, I dared not take us lower to the ground even though the winds were much more unpredictable at this altitude. Below stood a graveyard that stretched for as far as one could see. Miles upon miles of dead things, cold and gaping savagely. Things that had long since died on the inside.

Despite nearly freezing I carried the wind as a favored son, it didn’t jar my speed or hinder movement. A skillfully as a dolphin breaking past the rippling waves my birthright was well placed and undaunted by flight. As long as we just kept going, just a little longer.

Fina jutted right and I followed without question. She could see much better in this storm than the most sensitive of our species. Finally, at long last the volcanic hills of Helovia’s dark heart came into view; warmth followed and the lessening of snow. Lava pooled from below, but I didn’t draw us closer however tempting it was; the darkness had come even to here. The very doorstep of our salvation.

Gaze shifts to regard my pale flight buddy. Hard glints that are normally forgiving and soft, are narrowed due to the strain of not shivering violently apart. The warm air sends welcome chills across my spine, soothing out hard ice which was caked upon flesh. My companion dips her wings forward and dives for the ground, I follow and we come to the base of the cave. Golden feet clattered against stone and soft dirt. Crafted chains rested beneath this soil, unseen to those who clambered by. “This is it,” breath comes in short rasps and my chest heaves from the lengthy journey and energy spent just going to and fro. Lips slip apart, small droplets of water trailed down my long brow and dripped from nosetip. “Its appearance pales in comparison to what’s inside,” a small smile of understanding forms for our unnamed company.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Ice turns to water (hawkeye) - by Midas - 02-22-2014, 10:57 AM
RE: Ice turns to water (hawkeye) - by Mauja - 02-23-2014, 08:24 AM
RE: Ice turns to water (hawkeye) - by Hawkeye - 02-23-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: Ice turns to water (hawkeye) - by Fiore - 02-24-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Ice turns to water (hawkeye) - by Midas - 02-27-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Ice turns to water (hawkeye) - by Mauja - 03-01-2014, 07:04 AM
RE: Ice turns to water (hawkeye) - by Hawkeye - 03-01-2014, 01:09 PM