the Rift

I Came in Like a Wrecking Ball [Regime]

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
A rustle of branches behind you confirms your suspicions. You turn, and find yourself face to face with someone more ghoulish than yourself: a skull-faced mare stares at you from mismatched eyes. The milky one stares blankly ahead, but the amber one seeks to pin you in its yellow gaze. "I am Confutatis, leader of the Regime," she tells you. "Welcome to Helovia... I assure you, it is not normally quite so vile." Her words are pleasant, you think to yourself, but the smile tells you otherwise. She is a mare you would rather not cross, especially out here in the shadowy once-forest.

So, you bob your head, braids rustling around your face as you return her greeting. You don’t speak…yet. She is not finished, it appears. "I am afraid you have come at a bad time--may I suggest we get to cover? Other things creep and crawl, and I know where safety can be found." Other things? You allow your eyes to widen, but they convey casual interest, not fear.

“Perhaps that would be prudent,” you reply, your low purr of a voice silky against her grating one. “I know little of these parts. I am new here, and already I seem to have found myself in your debt…Confutatis.” You look the mare directly in the eye as you intone her name, and as your brown eyes meet her amber ones, you tense. Nostrils flare, and your muscles stiffen. Eyes roll, straining towards the sky, heavy with stormclouds. You draw a ragged breath, before the words come, slow and melodic: There is great power to be had, queen—seize it now…it is within your grasp…I hear your name whispered, cursed on battlefields and exalted in the courts…I see— You blink, seeing suddenly to come back to yourself. Nervous laughter escapes your velvet lips, sounding most improper after your startling speech.

“Forgive me, highness. I possess a rather…unpredictable malady. I beg you not to hold it against me; it is triggered sometimes in the presence of a powerful aura.” Your cat-eyes regard her, wondering what she will make of your little outburst. You cough delicately, posture submissive, but without breaking your stare. “Oh…how rude of me. I never introduced myself. You may call me Sheba.”

@[Confutatis]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Came in Like a Wrecking Ball [Regime] - by Sheba - 02-23-2014, 11:27 PM