the Rift

I Came in Like a Wrecking Ball [Regime]

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
She is pleased to meet you, she says, but her face could have told you otherwise. Her demeanor isn’t exactly welcoming, but you don’t need someone warm and fuzzy, you remind yourself. You just need a ticket out of here.

As if she has heard your thoughts, the skull-faced mare turns her back on you, presumably to leave. “We should get a move on, just in case,” she informs you, and your ears prick at we: so she has decided to include you after all. How interesting. She has made no mention of your babble, but her subtle invitation confirms her interest. You noticed the way she leaned in a minute ago; you heard the slight exhalation of breath when you dammed that visionary stream. Perhaps she neither likes nor trusts you, but you have her curiosity.

She does not look back to see if you follow, and you admire her easy leadership. This Confutatis, as she calls herself, is the very picture of control. Obediently, you pick your way along behind her, smiling to yourself. “I am curious to know, are you interested in taking up residence in a herd during your stay? Or do you prefer being alone?" she calls back to you. So you have arrived at the moment of truth, you think. She may be sinister, but you did away with notions of good and evil long ago. The question now is, what will best serve your purposes? To remain alone has its benefits, but becoming a solitary foreigner in a strange land doesn’t quite strike your fancy, especially if there are things crawling about, as she says. On the other hand, the concept of herd life has always been foreign to you, but you can tolerate it. At the very least, for as long as you remain a useful novelty, you have a feeling that Confutatis will protect you.

“It depends on who is doing the leading,” you reply, a hint of coyness to your voice. “I trust that this Regime of yours may come into play?” You pause, letting the question hang in the air between you, unanswered. “If you should offer me a place amongst your ranks, I would be a fool to turn you down. If that is not to be the case, however, I shall do my best to ferret out the next-best option…though I suspect such a golden opportunity will be hard to find.”

@[Confutatis]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Came in Like a Wrecking Ball [Regime] - by Sheba - 02-25-2014, 04:57 PM