the Rift

[PRIVATE] Spotting Spots

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
Some would say friends are better as acquaintances. After all- when someone is still an acquaintance you can fill in those holes, those little gaps, that seem to pop up here and there. Favorite color? Make it up. Their family? Whoever you want them to be. Where they prefer to graze? Make it your favorite. How they would act when faced with the choice of being good or bad? Good. Always good. Always good. If only Kahlua had that knowledge- that ability- to distinguish between friend and acquaintance, to know that not every soul was as pure as she planned to make the world. But what did the overo know of secrets and lies? Of hypocrisy and deceit?

What did she know of the wolf that stood before her, hiding behind his spots?

And was she the idiot that Mauja hated? That moron that didn't know that her own self-righteous cause was futile, a waste of time? Or was she lucky enough to be the moron and not yet have earned his hate? Perhaps the real question was how long could this charade last? How long could the Sunshower and Frostheart, those two opposing forces, stand beside one another and claim friendship and peace, claim a truce, claim understanding? How long until the illusion faded and they were left standing together but wondering how they had ever fallen into this mess?

And how deeply would her heart break when that day came?

She accepted his touch as he came towards her, his voice soft... was he trying to sooth her? “Yes I do,” she responded as softly, pink nose reaching out to try to return the favor and brush against his neck. “I have to,” she said, but there she was again, revealing her feelings in her voice, in her face, in her body, in every moment she made. And the Sunshower became a downpour, a torrential rainfall, and something inside of her- too many things inside of her- broke. And she was mad.

One angry hoof stomped down into the ground and she baked away, raising her head defiantly against him. Who, what, was she mad at? Him? The Qian? The Basin? Her nightmares? All of them. She was mad at all of them for making her have to choose, for making this be so difficult, for making her grow up when all she wanted to do was stay a child. “I HAVE to,” she said again, louder this time, more insistent, trying to convince Mauja, trying to convince the air and the earth, the birds and the sky, heaven and hell. She had to.

“What's going to happen if I don't, Mauja? You're going to run away forever? I'm going to lead a band of horses that want you dead? How long is the world going to fight? How long are we going to look at each other and think 'he's different' and then attack?” Her voice had raced, too many words said in too short a time span, and she took a deep breath to try and calm her nerves. All the while, she glared at him but it had long since been obvious that her anger wasn't for him. “We can do something good, Mauja. We can do something special, we can make Helovia a better place to live in. Don't you want that?” Her voice ended in a flurried crescendo as her chest rose and fell. She was begging him, pleading with him, that same tone of voice she had used when she was demanding that he not be guilty.

But in the end even Kahlua- silly, useless Kahlua- realized that she was just misdirecting her aggression, her frustrations, at this giant beast who seemed to take everything that happened to him with all the emotion of a rock. Was she doing it because he could take it? Maybe. “I'm sorry,” she murmured, her head shaking slowly as she looked at the ground.

OOC| Sorry it took so long, school is somehow eating my life already :(
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Spotting Spots - by Kahlua - 02-24-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Mauja - 02-24-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Kahlua - 02-24-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Mauja - 02-26-2014, 03:45 PM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Kahlua - 03-01-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Mauja - 03-02-2014, 08:29 AM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Kahlua - 03-02-2014, 01:49 PM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Mauja - 03-04-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Kahlua - 03-08-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Spotting Spots - by Mauja - 05-01-2014, 03:38 AM