the Rift

[OPEN] Run on Our Way Out

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M A R C O

There was something different about the day. Eyes glittered with intensity; for I have stumbled upon the outside world. My nakedness welcomed the wind bred for silence, but its touch was never far off from my coat. It was different with the wind, and the natural view of the world which had blinded me in the shelter of the tunnel system. Except it wasn't a gentle breeze when my body shuddered beneath its icy touch, and my hooves planted themselves into the thick layers of snow. Frostfall was never a favorite season of mine, but it meant something. It truly meant something for this former prisoner of a sanctuary. No beasts reigned at this point in my journey, and my fear gradually diminished. Yet I wondered if there were any at all, or did their voices croon to their herd; soundly asleep in a hibernation across Helovia.

There was a gripping occupation that clawed at my sides. I wondered: where? I had no predetermined destination besides a nature god's welcome back in a life I hoped was very much familiar. However, my spirits sank back into the core of disappointment. There were no familiar peaks with trips blanketed with snow nor faces dominant in my memories before I had stumbled into the threshold where my savior arrived in due time. My eyes caught view; my nose scented a whiff of equines nearby. Now, if I dared approach, what would I expect? Unfortunately, not my old family. The smells were foreign as much as their appearances - blurs to my sight - with a tinge of an unnatural hue for a conservative coloration upon equines. Oh, doh! It became blatantly obvious as my body mowed through the icy terrain, and the vision sharpened as distance closed in. Upon their heads were cone-shaped objects -- unicorns! That would explain the red tint in their dark coats, shaggy and naturally thick for Frostfall's inevitable winter.

Another oddity would be the foxes besides those unicorns. The white one approached another unicorn while the targeted one's companion lingered close-by. It view made a twinge of envy linger in my soul. The current event kept me occupied, and I found it quite amusing to see how other species had a mind of their own. After all - because I want to defend my position - I rarely met various other species in my presence before. Heard, mostly. Never seen.

I cocked my head as one of the unicorns seemingly went after their white fox. I could help but snort, and bark an odd laugh at the sight. Funny little thing, I thought.

You will like my sense of humor
You will be addicted to my smile
Laughing all the while

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Run on Our Way Out - by Voodoo - 02-26-2014, 04:25 PM
RE: Run on Our Way Out - by Sacre - 02-26-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: Run on Our Way Out - by Voodoo - 03-02-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Run on Our Way Out - by Marco - 03-14-2014, 04:06 PM