the Rift

[OPEN] My heart longs for freedom

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Horses were in a pent up of massive caves, intricate tunnels, twisting beneath the earth into very depths. It had been too long for the ivory stallion, for he hadn't tasted freedom in for what seemed ages. It was a cruel torture, being kept from the world, hidden shy from the bright sky. Too many sunrises have been missed in fear of being mutilated by demonic creatures that were once shadows of honorable horses. But now, the mere rays of dawn began piercing the sky, as Arrane's heart swelled with joy, yet grief of the new unbalance throughout Helovia. The sky was a canvas, blue, pink, purple, orange and yellow seemed delicately molded on by the gods' paintbrush.

A soft wind ruffled a scarlet tipped mane, billowing it upon expectant azure pools. His heart longed for freedom that was in custody for so long. Daily, he yearned to protect his herd, his friends and family, and to be able to safely return to the Foothills with those he cherished. Alone, watching the miracle of a new day approach, he began walking, reveling in the liberty of a stretching plain. The slow walk turned into a brisk run, as his caged up legs stretched, bringing a wild look upon his frame. It was a moment of truth, of ecstasy, where the world was once again safe. Or so it seemed. There was never a second where he didn't live in fear of seeing one of those creatures.

Panting, and out of breath, Arrane gradually halted, feeling the soft grass brush on his legs. He knew the Foothills weren't too far from the heavenly fields, but he wouldn't risk going there yet. Not without his leaders' commands. Standing still once more, his eyes still trailed on the beautiful scenery of the world waking up. So close, yet so far. Lifting up his head, a nicker erupted from a taut chest, beckoning anyone, at least any normal horse nearby. Maybe Abishia was wandering about somewhere! Or his leaders. Regardless of who it was, he wanted to share this moment of spaciousness with someone else.

Messages In This Thread
My heart longs for freedom - by Arrane - 02-26-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: My heart longs for freedom - by Midas - 03-04-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: My heart longs for freedom - by Eris_ - 03-05-2014, 01:15 AM