the Rift

[PRIVATE] a prayer for my friends

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda

Carnesîr

Maybe, just maybe, his worrying was unnecessary. Onni was strong; she was powerful; she was a pegasus with the glorying light of the sun dripping from her coat. It was he who needed help during the treacherously dark times, he who was the craven boy who ran with his tail between his legs. Not Onni, with her sparkling eyes and her wonderful hope- but he missed her. He missed them all, all of his Helovian ladies, beautiful women he counted as friends: Lena, Huyana, Frost Fyre, Shadow, and Onni. No, not really Frost Fyre, who made him feel vaguely uncomfortable but who he was glad to know as safe in the caverns.

But in any case he wanted to see them, all of them. Now.
And what if one of them were hurt? His dear, lovely friends, lying broken, swallowed, devoured by the darkness that was outside?

He crawled from the bowels of the earth, into shadow, finding bravery in his yellow-bellied cowardice. It was time to redeem himself (though he did not think of it that way)- time to find those he loved and cherished, to make sure they were okay. They could not be wraiths, they just couldn't, but maybe they were lost. He could help them to the Underground, where he wasted so many of his days shedding tears. It was time for his courage. Of course, it did help the darker did not lie so thick; it made him breathe a little easier, move more confidently.

The boy traveled quickly, first to the place he had known as the Veins of the Gods.
If he were lost out here, that's where he would go: to be near the gods, to ask for their guidance. Carnesîr did not like the whispers that curled around him, the rustling of what he could not see in the corners of his eyes- but nothing leaped to attack him (he was glad for that) and while he did not dawdle, he did not hurry as he normally would have. He kept eyes peeled and nostrils clear in case he might find one of them, or see them, or scent them on the frigid breeze. Sometimes he called for them in elvish peals, their names the only distinguishable part of any babbling sentence.

There was no luck.

It was in silence, on a cool, star-lit night, that he ascended the path towards the gods' palace, hoping beyond hope for a sign of his friends. Let them be here, he prayed, eyelids squeezed shut in his determination. Let them be safe. Up and up he went.

There was no one waiting for him.

And he closed his eyes, hoped again, and opened them- no one. Again and again he tried, attempting to use a power he knew was not there (he could not teleport them, and it was folly to try.) It smelled of salt and brine- not like dust and sweat and warm horse, like Shadow, not spring blossoms and snow, like Lena, not dust and photosynthesis, like Onni. It seemed like misery and decay and death, 'cause fuck them, they weren't here.
He wants to cry, but he sobbed his heart out a long time ago. No, he would do something useful, pray to the gods he wasn't sure he believed in.

"Please, let them be safe," Carnesîr sighs, letting the wind steal the words away. "Please, Sun God- I know Onni loves you. Let her be safe. And Shadow too, she lives in your home... I don't want them to get hurt. It's dark and cold and vile out here- let them be safe! Lord of Time, Spark God, Huyana and Lena and Frost Fyre live in your basin, your mountain land. Let them be healthy and strong- stronger than me. Stronger than fucking me. I am weak and small and little and unimportant- I don't care. Just let them all be safe. Onni, Shadow, Frost Fyre, Lena, Huyana..."

He keeps their names close to his heart; even if they're cold, maybe, just maybe, they could feel the heat of his passion for them.

Image Credits
thanks to tamme for the table base

@[Ampere]

Messages In This Thread
a prayer for my friends - by Carnesîr - 02-26-2014, 09:30 PM
RE: a prayer for my friends - by Ampere - 03-01-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: a prayer for my friends - by Ampere - 03-08-2014, 10:19 PM