the Rift

A Blessing

Dusk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

dusk  
live by love though the stars walk backward

When I fly off to Heaven I won't remember my first love. I won't remember by parents. I won't remember how many times I almost died. I won't remember the scorching fire that raged beyond my pupils and sang hot in my ears when I saw the world submit to darkness time and time again. Naught foul war, nor the decadence in a woman's fragrant hips, not even indulging in the scene of a single lotus flower upon the creek. Perpetua couldn't even catch my attention, it blew right by me. I have a feeling it will be the weary moments like these, where I see frost painted ravines by specked starlight and a golden moon just overhead - a defining night where I reflect all the hues of indigo and violet, ancestral stars burning right into my flesh - the night where I become part of the world again, appearing after a long lost vanishing act from smoky clouds of fate and beautiful reconcile that I see when the light blinds me. But I'll remember frosty wind whistling through my primal feathers, singing into my mane, when the night and I merge into one essence. One last time.

I find a similar path from the clouds, hoofprints trace jaded pathways through the pallid blanket of fresh snow. I descend through gilded feathers, squealing faintly against the rush of cold draft, my breath marks the air. Starlit wings catch a final push of nighttime breeze and inky hooves press into winter's froth, so delicate, so quiet as not to disturb resting birds. I am the Nightingale, too polite to disturb such a fragile night. I fear it might break open before me like porcelain if I so much as whisper in its presence. Nature speaks for itself. So, quietly I gather wings at my sides, arcing starry neck to inhale the winter purity, smelling stale travelers, a well-marked highway of all kinds. These trees remind me of Isilme, the scents of husky vagabonds and the occasional perching duchess linger in their morning fog and I'm lost amongst them, happily at their direction as I offer a few steps onto the beaten path, so ready to lose this loneliness.

Messages In This Thread
A Blessing - by Dusk - 02-26-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: A Blessing - by Nayati - 03-02-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: A Blessing - by Nayati - 03-17-2014, 08:33 PM