the Rift

[OPEN] not a bird, not a snake

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

I'm distracted, my attention is completely focused on the little child that I have before me. She is so precious, and she hasn't even made a peep yet. Her eyes peer up at me and blink once.. then twice. Her jaws spread in a yawn and that sickly green that I noticed before seems to line her gums. Little pokes of teeth seem to peek through the gums, but I can't be sure. Oh yuck.. that breath. But it's sickly -- just like mine. A crooked smile appears on my lips. She takes after her daddy! Though.. adopted. Hey, don't judge. I touch my muzzle to her wet little nose again. Damaris. She gives a squeaky little yip at me, as if she knew I was thinking her name. I chuckle, but the stop abruptly - and the sudden change is disturbing in its juxtaposition. Like a feral beast I growl at what has appeared before me.

A vixen and a ... well I'll be damned, it's a polar bear. I'd only heard talk of those, never seen them for myself. The way it is looking at me... well, I can't read its expression so well. I eye it, and then its... well. I can't tell why there was a polar bear standing next to a mare. Neither of them seem perturbed by it though, so perhaps I shouldn't be either. At the same time, I can't seem to turn off the growling within me, the... sudden protectiveness that has come from within. It is unexpected, mostly, and I am unprepared. In any case, I hiss at the polar bear and the vixen -- though my ears suddenly realize that she is kind. Offering help in fact. But her presence is still a threat - especially his.

"Hunt? I'm sure. Don't let your.. your... your what?" I pause. What was it she called him? "Bonded." "Whatever the bloody hell a bonded is.. don't let him touch Damaris or I'll rip you limb from limb." She's offering nothing but kindness toward me and my pup. I don't care - I'm not convinced that we're safe. I pull Damaris toward me with my muzzle and cuddle her close to my chest. Her rump leaves a trail in the snow. My lids lowered over my white eyes, my horns are pointed outward protectively.

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 02-27-2014, 05:05 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-01-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 03-01-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-01-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 03-04-2014, 04:11 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-31-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 04-01-2014, 09:02 PM