the Rift

[OPEN] not a bird, not a snake

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

YOUR MOMENT OF TRUTH IS THE DAY THAT YOU SAY "I'M NOT SCARED"

His awe over the little pup, Damaris, is rather cute in an odd way. Especially from the view of an intruding outsider. However he does not seem to find her, even though she is mindfully standing rather far away, any sort of kindly presence. Which is ironic considering the Poisoner is usually very, very far from kind. However when he glares at Aodaun, she snaps her teeth in a nonverbal display of warning and lets her ears fall half-mast, eyes narrowed into violet slits as she steps before her companion, shrouding him in the dark ebony of her bodice. There is no real anger in her features, it is merely a warning. A very clear one, but a warning nonetheless. But Aodaun nudges her foreleg idly, reminding her of her own protectiveness- is she not doing exactly what Rostislav is?

She contemplates stepping back until he opens his big fat mouth again. "Hold your tongue, bastard!" she barks. Shoulders hunch up, muscles flex and ears flatten until they disappear into her mane, teeth bared in the light. "You would endanger her in order to ensure her safety, fool? Limb from limb! Ha! I could kill you where you lay, and never have to move," she spits, vile and acidic. Aodaun gives a harsh bark and shoves into her with his shoulder, sending her into an awkward stumble. Snarling she turns to him, and they lock gazes in silent communication, tensely spending a few moments motionless. Whatever it is he says to her, it works, for she scoffs and turns her head to the side, scowling. Her next words are reluctant, but slow, clearly thought over.

"I understand. You want to protect her. But honestly, Aodaun hunts seals and other fatty prey. He wouldn't want a scrawny newborn anyways. You truly think I would allow my companion to harm yours? Think I would take that away, when I know the preciousness of it myself? Because as I just told you, Aodaun is my companion. His mind is mine, and my own his. So calm yourself, you're only looking the fool." She huffs and flicks her tail viciously, stinging her own legs to try and keep herself from snapping at him. It angers her, but she must remember her own past with Ao, try not to let her irritation best her. Turning, she flicks an ear in the direction opposite the rotunda, and murmurs quietly to her ice bear.

"Something small, for the little one." Aodaun gave a soft growling sound of understanding before turning and sprinting away, paws deathly silent, lime eyes gleaming as his ears tuned in to the life around him. Ready to pick a target. Back with his bonded, Lakota sighed a huff of a noise and gracefully folded her legs beneath her, laying on her belly to show she didn't intend to move any closer. "Are you done posturing now? May I speak?" Okay, that was an uncalled for jab, but she couldn't help but to make it. He'd pissed her off. "Damaris is a hellhound. A magical pup. At least, from the glow of her egg, that's what I think she is. In Helovia, the Gods have the ability to take our minds and connect them. I can hear Aodaun's thoughts, and vice versa. My emotions influence his, and his mine. He has magic, just as I do, but ours differ. Damaris is a companion. The bond should be forged soon, but be prepared, it comes with a very sudden wave of emotions and sensations you won't be used to." Why was she helping him again?

Because know what he feel, Aodaun responded, hunting through the brush for something to return to the babe. Lakota sighed, admitting defeat, and wishing she didn't know exactly what he was going through. Or else she would have dueled him the moment the idiot opened his mouth. "Now I can leave you be and let you starve her to death and let you experience the pain of ripping half your soul out, or you can let me help you." She says it seriously, eyeing him, letting him know she was far from joking. There was a short trilling scream of a ground bird, and moments later Aodaun was trotting back with a pheasant in his jowls. Lakota lifted her head from where she lay and brought him to her chest, waiting for him to lay before wrapping her neck down his side and resting upon him with ease. Aodaun flipped the bird in his jaws over towards Damaris and her bonded, Lakota sharply reminding him not to get closer. She didn't want to have to unleash her magic today.

"There, I told you he could hunt. Feed it to her, if you can. It will help forge the bond. Plus she will be hungry, I can assure." From her position in the white, soft fur of her bonded's form, she watched them. How much harm could she really be, curled up on the earth a good few lengths away from them? Aside from her magic, which he didn't need to know about unless she had to sedate him somehow.

---
Ahahaha x3 this is fun

Messages In This Thread
not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 02-27-2014, 05:05 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-01-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 03-01-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-01-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 03-04-2014, 04:11 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Lakota - 03-31-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: not a bird, not a snake - by Rostislav - 04-01-2014, 09:02 PM