the Rift

[PRIVATE] Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy
Perhaps it was a reaction he wasn’t expecting to hear from her, perhaps it was something he would have rather avoided talking about. In his youth life was nothing but a game, It was never considered a gift and within his time of confusing travels and feeling gut wrenched that he no longer had his children nor his mare in his life; it’s enough to bring the worst out in anyone. He could have left her to die in the threshold, he could have let this pale faced unicorn, marked with the attributes of her people dwindle away to darkness; but he didn’t.

And even the question now irked his very mind as its mechanical knobs turned the clocks of time.

The time in his life was of the essence; he was no longer in his prime but in his golden years; aged to perfection, battle scars like a book telling their stories of victory and defeat. Her words pricked within his lobes as they lazed back against his onyx crown. Within he understood her discontent, her anger with him and what had been done; and perhaps now the painted stallion held a silver of guilt in his black heart, gambling with the life of a filly who wanted nothing more than to become proud and noble.

His gaze left hers for a moment, only wishing these historic walls would paint a story of his life, how gifted yet tragic it had become, and for years a smudge of darkness over his soul had pushed him to the light; once you’ve met something eviler than you- perhaps it’s time for a change. ”I.." His lips dry, tongue doing its best to moisturize parched velvet muzzle into continuing to explain. Though he was cut off again by her cold gaze;

What am I to you?

Lobes flicked forth as he looked upon her pale lit visage, finding as if knives were cutting him from the inside of her eyes for what he had done; and rightfully so. He couldn’t pour what little heart he had left into this mare, could he? Hesitant considering their first meeting, would she throw it back in his face, and flail the word tiny again?

This was ridicules.

”I understand your frustration with me Quinn." He finally managed to force from his lips. Brain scrambled with thoughts and words to spill upon her, to convince her to come with him. If only I could tell you what hell I have seen, and what changed me to standing here now; begging for forgiveness. He would never admit begging for anything; so he took a gentle breath and tried to rid of the lump within his throat.

”I’ve found something I haven’t felt in years." He cocked his head to the side slightly to mimic her own. Crimson pools alight with honesty and forgiveness as he hoped she wouldn’t just recoil and lock swords in a head-butt. ”You’re a friend" He spoke, it would have been too blunt to just throw confetti and shout to the world “I love you Quinn” even he was unsure the meaning of love anymore other than pure infatuation. After their last moment in the caves, she could have not given a damn about his tears, about his fret for his daughter; and now he was the strongest he had ever been.
And desired to share that with someone.. Quinn

@[Quinn]
Nato

Messages In This Thread
Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 02-28-2014, 08:43 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-04-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-05-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Nato - 03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-06-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-07-2014, 08:40 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time, There Was A Princess - by Quinn - 03-11-2014, 05:26 AM