Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

TARES
</style>
Do you wanna see how much I can take?   
Can't you just leave bad enough alone?
</style>

Whatever I have been expecting over these weary months, it has not been this. The pain of my lover's absence has worn me down and left me lost. Upon seeking shelter in this strange land I've made connections with no others than the tenuous one I established with Gossamer, and found myself in solitude the majority of the time. Arbutus is, in his infinite wisdom, my only company. And even still, there are times when he leaves my side with a whistling song to find my lover where she rests miles away. Try as I might to think of these times as reassuring, they only leave me more concerned. The wait for my companion to return leaves me feeling vulnerable, and at the same time fearful for the fate of my mate. And now, in the frigid dark of the long awaited first night of Orangemoon, I am awoken by a strange sensation and the realization that I am completely alone.

In a frenzy I pull myself up each time I fall, exiting the cave where I have found shelter and searching desperately in the night for the fiery form of my companion. But he has left me, flown off in anticipation to find Aure and bring her to the Foothills for the birth of her child. I feel an unimaginable pain flow through me and I can no longer maintain my position. With a heave, I fall to my knees and then, quickly, my side as I feel the pain that so many have warned me of, have experienced themselves.

In a moment I know that it is time, but in a fit of fear I find myself kicking out at the strange forested floor- the ground where sand should be, where my lover's hoof prints should intertwine with my own. I am at last going to give birth to our child, our darling colt, and I am utterly and completely alone. Terror that rushes through me expresses itself in sweat and a lashing tail, in a twisted neck and a vivid expression of agony.

The silence of the wood is broken by a piercing whinny that I can barely recognize as my own.

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-16-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Aure - 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-16-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Gossamer - 08-17-2012, 12:28 AM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Aure - 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-23-2012, 11:06 PM