the Rift

Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She broke down and let me in, made me see where I've been

Soaring over the ground, I veered and dipped, touching down with ease. I galloped into the borders of the Windtossed Foothills, cream locks flying out behind me, nostrils flaring in determination. Neige’s tiny claws dug into my withers, her green eyes wide with fright from my sudden intensity, glancing up every so often at the fiery bird that flew directly above her. Arbutus had come, after much waiting, to announce the birth of our son. He was to bring me to my love, Tares, who I had not seen in so long. I ached for her yellow eyes so full of love for me and I whinnied with pride and joy as I streaked along to find my love. Neige growled fearfully on my wing, sinking her claws deeper and deeper until I finally halted just to shake her off a bit.

I was scolding Neige for hurting me, when a high-pitched whinny tore across through the air. My ears flicked back and forth for the sound, my gut immediately telling me it was my Tares, screaming from the pain our child was causing her. I pinpointed the sound and ran with a purpose, not feeling the pain in my withers from my little pup, not seeing Arbutus flying above me; the only thing I focused on was the path before me and the looming figure of a mare lying on the ground.

Storming closer, I saw my suspicions had been perfectly clear: my mate was in the throes of labor already, the pain forcing her to the ground, sprawled on her side. I was angry she had endured this alone, that at the least Arbutus could have been there. I streaked to her side, falling to my knees, and laying my nose across the back of her neck. The feel of her was electrifying, perfect, and something otherworldly to my body. I had missed her more than I thought possible, loved her more than I thought possible, feared for her more than I thought possible. She was everything I had and I knew I would be nothing, absolutely nothing, if I ever lost her. Neige crawled off my back, sitting sweetly on the ground beside Tares’ head, where her green eyes looked at her with interest and concern.

It was funny that my companion was at ease with my lover, as with every other we had encountered, her first action was a growling defensive pose. It was as if she knew that Tares would never harm me, knew how much we loved each other. She was a smart little fox and I would not put it past her knowledge. I breathed in the familiar scent of my mate and sighed a single sentence, unusual for my talkative nature. “Tares. At last.”

Messages In This Thread
Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-16-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Aure - 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-16-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Gossamer - 08-17-2012, 12:28 AM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Aure - 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-23-2012, 11:06 PM