the Rift

Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She broke down and let me in, made me see where I've been

My chest heaved in emotion, my eyes wide and fearful as Tares endured pain like no other for me, for us. I leaned closer to her head and whispered words of comfort and ‘I love you’ over and over, until before I knew it our son had been born. The young thing was impressively black, the same color coat as I, with a mane and tail to match, only the tail was exactly like my lover’s. His eyes were an unusual shade of brilliant yellow green, seemingly made from the two of us, our own personal color. Yes, these foals were truly ours. I sighed in relief, turning to look down at the happy face of my mate, only to see happiness under more excruciating pain. The smile slid off my face, wondering what on earth was wrong, why the pain had not stopped for my lover. I heard hoof beats behind me, and turn to see a majestic mare holding herbs that I figured would relieve the pain for my Tares. My green eyes wide with fear, I pleaded silently with her to help me. The mare just smiled, and looked quite surprised; I turned back to my love intending to help her myself, when I see her birthing yet another foal, a colt.

I stared in wonder at our twin sons, the second a flaxen-maned chestnut, exactly like my father. Huh, I wondered at the new memory. That’s what my father looked like. He had little folded wings against his side, with a black curved horn protruding from his forehead. When he opened his eyes, I saw they were the exact same shade as the first colt’s, beautiful and unique, completely our own. I looked at Tares, relief finally able to sweep over her, and lean down to press a kiss against her cheek, murmuring, “You were so strong my love. Thank you, for our two beautiful sons.” Neige peeked out from beside me, where she had been hiding for the duration of the birth. Her bright eyes looked wonderingly at the colts, again not frightened of them or defensive of me because she knew they were precious. The pup was wise beyond her years it seemed, as I watched her hesitantly approach my mate and touch her little black nose to Tares’. I laughed, forgetting my lover had not been there to meet my companion, the sweet little Arctic fox. “My love, this little pup is Neige. She found me while you were away and we are starting to create a bond like you have with Arbutus. And I think she likes you.” The pure white mare who had been present with the herbs asked what we would name our children. I looked questioningly at my love, wondering what she would like, wanting nothing but to please her. She was the most wonderful mate any could ever ask for, and my green eyes shone with love and admiration for her, our companions and our lovely sons.

Messages In This Thread
Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-16-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Aure - 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-16-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Gossamer - 08-17-2012, 12:28 AM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Aure - 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: Alone [Birth] [Aure, Open] - by Tares - 08-23-2012, 11:06 PM