the Rift

[OPEN] Follow Me Down, Vincent

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
Singing about good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to sing on the mountains, has the ocean lost it's way.

I was still conflicted with my own desires and the conscience's mute voice rattling inside my cranium. It didn't need a voice to remind me of how risky it was to escape the comfort and safety of a place I grew displeased with. I was still descending back into its welcoming maw without a rant to escape my lips, or a tremble morphing into spoken words. Yet I contained a sense of attitude and childishness that it wouldn't stop prodding at me, and it left me with extra layer of indecisiveness, if not agitation - which I begun to loathe that flaw in my personality.

Even as I was swept away in my own thoughts, my own words inside my head made everything feel lonely. It was indeed lonely, but what was expected when one was too cowardly to escape and the old teachings scolded harshly for any signs of recklessness? Lonely wouldn't be the best way to describe it when a behemoth of an outline shimmered from the thin beams of light pinpointing areas on its body. It could have been the scribbles, rune-like, glowing and penetrating the darkness of the cave. No, I was afraid this time, and my fascination with the light did not convey itself too well. Fear consumed anything really, and my body froze at the audible clip-clopping upon the ground carved by an earthen god. Lurking around wasn't an option as my body remained in its poised position; few areas quivering to indicate I was capable of moving, involuntarily anyway. All my agitation had melted away to allow other signs in. I didn't think behaving like a jerk would earn me points.

The outline revealed only an equine-like part of itself in the midst of the cave. My sight wasn't the best in these types times, but I could've sworn I spotted hairy legs attached to massive hooves. Did limbs really enlarge to that width? Surely it wasn't one of those beasts who might take form of a giant! I didn't want to be eaten! I nearly wheeled around in alarm as I blurted out my cry saying, " You aren't one of those monsters haunting Helovia, are you?!" I only caught some sounds - a tone sounding much like my own alarm - without any dialogue indicating what a monster would typically say. As I have imagined anyway. I was completely embarrassed, yet awed by the massive equine in a nearby distance. Emotions played across my face - fear, embarrassment, but the dominant one remains a sense of fear.

"O-Oh, um, I'm Marco," I uttered meekly; abashed by my first line of words towards the stranger. Hopefully we could still become friends. " I'm sorry about that. I, well..." I dipped my head, and my words trailed off into a squeaky, inaudible sound.

Words: 464
Tag(s):
Comment(s):

"blah blah blah"

Messages In This Thread
Follow Me Down, Vincent - by Marco - 03-02-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Follow Me Down, Vincent - by Vincent - 03-02-2014, 07:16 PM
RE: Follow Me Down, Vincent - by Marco - 03-05-2014, 08:46 PM