the Rift

[PRIVATE] Chill of Your Heart

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

A broken friendship wasn't desired by either of them, yet there really was nothing else to offer. Arah shook her head; defeated by the mere thought of what that friendship would turn them into. They would hate each other, never being able to forgive the other. Perhaps this was not a truth the dark raven wanted to face, but Arah was done with the lies others told to keep her happy. "I think", she whispered; her voice full of tears. "That friendship will only cause us more pain." With a sigh, Arah allowed the voice of the other to wash over her.

The silence consumed Arah, her eyes remained trained on Lakota as she offered her disgusted congratulations. Bowing her head, Arah felt a dark cloud consume her while over head the clouds also gathered. They began to knit against the sky, darkening the word around the two broken souls. Her memories were also to remain, all the doe could muster was a single nod in response. No forced smiles, no last minute offerings of a broken friendship. That was not what the ivory bird wanted, she wanted everything that she couldn't have. Golden orbs rose slowly from the ground with a an empty expression. For the silver doe had nothing left to give to Lakota, no more empty offers, nothing except the warmth of her body.

Looking over Lakota for what be the last time, the doe decided it was time to take her leave. The ghosts haunted both of them, but perhaps midnight's mistress was hurting more that she could ever hope to understand. Frosting the air in front of her chops with a sigh, Arah wanted one last touch. Mayhap that would warm her broken body at night. Crowley had disappeared, Lakota no longer had any love to offer, the doe was truly alone apart from her two beautiful girls. Twins, who would have thought? Moving closer Arah made to brush her cheek along Lakota's if she allowed it.

There was nothing to be gained from this meeting. Arah was a fool, an idiot. She should have just let the broken from of Lakota pass her. A sob broke through her lips, it echoed through the trees, broken and desperate. "I'll take my leave then." Pressing her lips closed with nothing more to offer, the doe waited. Would the dark raven offer warmth during the storm that was quickly approaching? The doe already knew the answer. With a sigh she walked past Lakota's dark body, her heart breaking in two.

A few steps behind the raven she paused and turned. Keep walking, screamed her mind. Don't stop, don't speak just keep going. But her soul counciled her to speak and share the last part of her love. Searching with her eyes and speaking in a dead and decaying voice, the doe offered her last bout of comfort. "One day, you'll have happiness." Heaven and hell know you deserve it. With a nod she turned back to the direction she was about to travel in. At least her girls were waiting for her, there she would bask them in her love. Only when they fell asleep the ghosts would slip back and haunt her. "If you ever need me..." You know where to find me. She began to walk. "Mé grá duit." Whispered to the winds for their chilling breeze to carry away. Heart and soul breaking Arah looked only ahead, empty for once.

" "
576 words.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
Chill of Your Heart - by Lakota - 03-02-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Arah - 03-03-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Arah - 03-05-2014, 02:25 AM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Arah - 03-05-2014, 08:06 AM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Arah - 03-26-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Lakota - 03-04-2014, 10:24 PM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Lakota - 03-05-2014, 03:05 AM
RE: Chill of Your Heart - by Lakota - 03-05-2014, 09:10 PM