[PRIVATE] Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

I'm frowning when she says that the dream was real to her because she had seen it happen. Obviously I had no such luxury of seeing whatever terrible things had brought on such nightmares. "It's gone now." I say, referring to the nightmare that had shaken her so badly. "Its just us here, you and me." My voice has grown softer, the guff edge to it lost if only because instinct dictates that gruffness does not equate to soothing and soothing is what I'm attempting. The whole concept is foreign to me but I feel as if I'm doing it right because I can feel her body press against mine and I let my wings drape across her back and I cradle her against my side.

My mouth suddenly feels dry as she rests her head against my chest and murmurs her thanks. I swallow and nod my head, hyper aware of the curve of her mouth as she smiles against my skin and I can't help but wonder just what the hell is wrong with me. Why does my body choose now to react to a mare that I had been trying to avoid all my life? Why don't I hate it as much as I always told myself I would? "You're...." I swallow again and the muscle in my shoulder twitches. "You're welcome."

This is what I'm supposed to do, right? This is comforting, wasn't it? Was this what she wanted from me? Am I doing this right? Why am I so worried about it now? And why am I nuzzling her ears?

I jerk my head up when I realize what I'm doing and at the same time some poor sod comes running in shouting that we're free. The darkness is gone. Well, the darkness from their world might be gone, but my darkness isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I can feel her looking at me and the excitement and hopefulness in her voice in unmistakable when she says that we can leave. I remain motionless until I feel her wings shaking beneath my own and then I slowly lift my wings so she's no longer cradled against my side, but free run after the messenger who's hooves are now just echoes in the cavern.

"."

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark - by Muriel - 03-02-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark - by Leliel - 03-29-2014, 10:25 PM