[PRIVATE] Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

I am no mind reader, I never have been and I've never claimed to be, but at that point I wished I could read Muriel's mind to understand what she was thinking. There was no way for me to know that she felt we didn't have a home too return to because Janat had treated me so badly. There was no way for me to know the depth of her feelings for me at that point. I would deny it if she had spoken them, anyway. For so long it had been beaten into my head that I was not worthy of any sort of affection. None was even bestowed upon me from my own parents. Anyways, had I known she was thinking that we didn't have a home I probably would have insisted that she return to Janat because she would have been safer there. I was the only one who had never been safe, but I was used to it.

For several long minutes silence reigned and I was close to slipping back into a doze, but then Muriel's voice rang out. At first my ears fell back against my head at her request because I thought it strange, but then I acquiesced and rose to my hooves, waited for her to rise then draped my wings across her back. "I need you to lead me." My request was a quiet one and she would know how it pained me to have to ask for help when I never had to before, but I didn't know these caves. In my blinded state I would probably end up lost forever in the caverns and someone would find my body after my flesh had rotted away and all that was left was bones.

I kept my wing securely across Muriel as she led me through the caves and when I finally felt the sun on my back I sighed. I was always told that I was a creature of the darkness, but I enjoy the sun as much as anyone else and after weeks of being locked away underground I openly welcomed it. I stretched all four pairs of my wings out to soak up as much of its rays as I could, my head lifted toward the sky and I realized not for the first time that I would probably never feel the wind under my wings again. The elders had taken far more from me than just my sight. They'd finally managed to take all of my freedom from me.

"."

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark - by Muriel - 03-02-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Strike a Match, I've Had Enough Dark - by Leliel - 04-28-2014, 12:01 AM